Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

question about cervial MRI

dbullwinkelddbullwinkel Posts: 224
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I posted under the August September recovery tread about the return of pre-op pain from my july 31 surgery.
I got my MRI report today and I see the doctor one week from today.
In a nutsell:
C5-C6 there has been interval spine surgery. Anterior bridging plate and screws with assoc. susceptibility artifact is present. Orthopedic hardware is seen within the disc space. There is no evidence of posterior disc herniation.
C4-C5 and C6-C7 there are mild disc bulges, unchanged.

SO, if there are no changes on the MRI and all hardware is in place, WHY do I have such terrible pain??? I was doing well until about Oct 3rd when things took a turn for the worse. I can't even lift my arms over my head to brush my hair. Turning my neck is torture.
SECONDLY, how come MRI report does not include C1-C3???

I am very frustrated...it will be a long week until I see the doctor..Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• So sorry about your pain. I had an MRI report done after a car accident. The MRI was pretty thorough--satisfactory anyway. The 2nd MRI was done after a work accident by the same company. The only levels that were addressed on the 2nd MRI report were C3, and C4-C5. What was interesting to me was that they didn't mention I had a bulge at C2 suggesting a radial tear. They didnt mention that I had multi-level degenerative changes. They didn't mention that C6/7 was herniated 4mm, with bone spurs and loss of disc space height. They said that there was no stenosis anywhere. So, I took my CD from the MRi to a different radiologist (who told me about all of these other issues I had, including severe stenosis and spinal cord compression). My question remains: Did the 1st company intentionally lie outright or kind of "miss" all of the other areas? One thing that my have happened in your case is that they don't think that there were any significant changes or perhaps no issues to mention at your C1-C3. If you are concerned about those levels or concerned about the integrity of the MRI you received, take it to an outside radiologist. That is what I did. AND, it turns out, if I hadn't done that, it is possible that I wouldn't be getting the correct type of surgery. My philosophy is to be your own advocate. When in doubt, check it out.