Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness left side of face cercical spine???? help?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hello,

ive been getting numbness not where icant feel it but a wierd feeling it doesnt paralize me just a numb tingling feeling in my left cheek area. can this be from all my recent cervical herniation, one ruptue, and bone spur and also severe muscle spasms. i dont understand my mri report it say's i have a lesion in the left nueral foreman but can be a dic herniation. my doctor said i need an mri with contract but hes just my gp dr. i have an appointment with a new orthopedic doctor next week. i have had chronic pain for 5 yrs but always lower back, many disc buldges and slerosis [mild] but the neck and shoulder problems been 4 months now of severe pain. i cant find anything on the internet google that relates numbness in the face, just a little scared.

thanks
dawn
advertisement

Comments

• Perhaps you can go to Er just to make sure everythings ok. have you had any problems with TMJ? Does it feel numb in the morning? Did you say you were seeing a neurologist? There are many nerves in the face. An ER DR. is trained to check these nerves. Do you have any sinus problems? Certain meds like lexapro can cause this also. I haven't seen anyone with c-spine problems with facial numbness. there is a trigeminal nerve that could be involved. I am not a Dr. but concerned you should be assessed for this. Perhaps someone else with cervical issues could help. It sounds like you're going through so much now. I hope you get some answers soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi dawn,
    it could be anything. like charry said.
    it could be something a fluke thing, stress, disks, nerves.
    ya just never know anymore these days..

i did have some numbness on the side of my face but that was with a very severe herniation. plus all the other fun things that go along with it as in numbing/tingling down the arm, major haedaches, stiff neck.

i read in your other post yor siatica is acting up to. so good thing you have an appt next week. with stabbing pain in your back. throbbing like a heart beat.
    it all could be related somehow.

hang in there, and when in doubt go to the E.R.
    cause if my neck doesn't let up i have to go for bloodwork anyway and i just may run into the fast track part of the ER cause it hurtsss..

hang in there hun
    terri >:D<

• Out of curiousity why does he want to run an MRI with contrast? Is it to rule out the lesion, meaning to make sure its not "active"?
  • I also have a huge herniation in c4-5 and have tingling in my right side jaw and also pressure on my nose. I don't really have sciatica down my arms....occasionally tingling in my hand but that is it....it's the pain in my face. I know that it started the same day as the herniation.
advertisement