Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 43 halloween is over and we re not getting fat

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
so throw all that left over candy away and start a brand new week.im sure this week has been hard for everyone,but weve got through it with out to much trouble,hopefully lol

I ve stayed the same weight this week and im happy enough with that,id been more happy with a loss but il take what i got with good grace

Hope you all had a good weight in,either way its a new week.
is nt it great that we can start a new week every sunday no matter what?
Elaine
advertisement

Comments

• :) benji, good morning! :H i am with you today and more than happy to report i stayed the same as well. that is really so refreshing to hear today!! i have no idea where all the candy went!!! =)) it is always great to start a new week with the chance for a weight loss. see you there! Jenny :)
  • LAST WEEK'S BIG WEIGHT GAIN MUST HAVE BEEN MOSTLY WATER BECAUSE ITS GONE. I'M BACK DOWN TO 168. IF I LOOK AT THE LAST FOUR WEEKS ITS BEEN UP AND DOWN: 169; 165.5; 173.2; 168. SO, A MONTH INTO THIS, I REALLY AM ABOUT THE SAME. HOWEVER, I HAVE MADE THE ADJUSTMENT TO EATING LESS. I DON'T FEEL SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME. WHEN I'VE TRIED TO LOSE IN THE PAST, I USUALLY GET AROUND THE 4 WEEK MARK AND GIVE UP. I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH WEIGHT WATCHERS ONLINE. THEY DON'T OFFER MUCH SUPPORT BUT I'M GOING TO TRY JUST AVOID THE HEAVY STARCHY CARBS AND SWEETS AND I'M LUCKY BECAUSE I LOVE VEGGIES. I'M GLAD TO HAVE FOUND THIS GROUP AS WELL BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE GAINED WEIGHT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T EXERCISE DUE TO A BACK INJURY. I DON'T FEEL THE SHAME. THANKS EVERYBODY.
  • Total weight loss 12 lbs since i got the recumbent stationary bike.(2 1/2 months ago) I was bad and had some halloween candy. My husband is also again bringing me treats. It's hard to say no. haha where did that candy go. =)) Have a great week everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • had to be water retention stockbroker,i bet ur glad its gone
    good 4 u jenny no gain ,yeah
    charry just think what another 2 months can do keep it up
  • OK friends... I'm joining in with you guys to try to lose some of this weight. I jumped on the scale and almost had a stroke! I'm up from the last time I was on the scale. No worries though, I'm gonna get with it and try to get rid of it all. Good luck on the new week to all of us! ">image
  • stockbroker, another week down, a new one to begin. =D> put one week in front of another. the 4 week mark will just give you strength to meet week 5 and 6. <:P come online for support anytime you need us!!! we are here!!! it is so difficult to face weight loss with the inability to exercise. think of yourself as strong for doing what is even more difficult to do! it is possible for us to lose too so just hang in there, eat your vegies and watch the waist line get smaller. exercise when you can and know that is the best you can do. no guilt!! :X trater, you got on your scale and that is the last time you will be seeing that weight. =D> give yourself time to adjust to your new food plan and see what exercise you can do. this is only the beginning and a new opportunity to join some like minded friends and lose some weight. it is nice to see you here! Jenny :)
  • I too stayed the same at 236 lbs. That's better than I expected what with all the candy I ate #o
  • :) Mc Back, <:P hurray!!! Jenny :)
  • Again. Despite the birthday cupcakes. But its time for me to get back on the wagon, I am setting a 2 lb. goal for this week! I've been at the same weight for 6 weeks now.
  • :) aimless, i am with you!!! i have been the same forever now!! ~X( i would like to take 4 pounds off!!!! :T winter is coming and i really need to fit into some warm clothes. here is to us!!!! good luck!!! Jenny :)
  • I WEIGHED MYELF AGAIN THIS MORNING BECAUSE WEIGHT-WATCHERS WANTS ME TO WEIGH ON MONDAY. SO, I'M THRILLED (BUT PERPLEXED) TO ANNOUNCE THAT I WEIGH 164.4 LBS. --THAT WOULD BE 3.6LBS LESS THAN SUNDAY. HUH?????????????? I DID HAVE A REALLY BAD PAIN DAY SUNDAY AND ATE PRETTY MUCH NOTHING BUT I ALSO DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT LIE IN BED. I'M REALLY CONFUSED BY THE EXTREME FLUCTUATIONS BUT FOR RIGHT NOW, I'M ONLY 5 LBS AWAY FROM THE 150S.
  • stockbroker, having continuity in your weight loss plan will set you up for a loss much better. getting on the scale every day is not conducive to this. you can decide which day you want to weigh but weighing in on two days is not fair and does not give an accurate weekly weight. Jenny :)
  • Grrr.

Welcome Trater!

The other Teri
  • :) ranchoalmosta, it is discouraging but behind you now!! ~X( it was not easy with Halloween here!! i think my "candy" weight may just show up this week! i mean where did it go? =)) it is already the start of a new week and a chance to lose. hang in there! =D> Jenny :)
  • For the pep talk. I just feel like I'm addicted to food. Well, I just went for a walk at lunch time, which was literally a pain in the a** as I am having muscle spasms there and in my shoulder. I've been living on flexeril all weekend. Gripe, gripe, gripe. Okay, enough whining. Here's to a great week for all of us!

Teri
  • I TRIED QUITTING WEIGHT WATCHERS BUT I CAN'T SO I THOUGHT I WOULD JUST FINISH OUT THE FIRST THREE MONTHS. THEY MAKE ME WEIGH ON MONDAY. I'M CEERTAINLY NOT WEIGHING MYSELF EVERYDAT. I WON'T MENTION AGAIN WHAT MY MONDAY WEIGHT IS. I MENTIONED IT ONLY TO SAY HOW WEIRD MY WEIGHT HAS BEEN WITH WILD FLUCTUATIONS. NO ONE LOSES THREE POUNDS IN ONE DAY OR, CONVERSELY, GAINS 7+ LBS IN ONE WEEK. WHAT AM I TO MAKE OF THESE SWINGS?
  • I BOUGHT THIS SCALE PURPOSELY FOR JOINING THIS GROUP. IT CAME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY REAL SIMPLE MAGAZINE AS BEING AMONG THE MOST ACCURATE. (MY OLD SCALE NEVER MOVED AT ALL.) I TAKE IT NO ONE ELSE IS EXPERIENCING THESE TYPES OF BIG FLUCTUATIONS. I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE WATER (FROM THE OCCASIONAL LYRICA) OR THE CONSTIPATION THAT WE NARCOTIC TAKERS MUST ALWAYS DEAL WITH. BUT, HEY, I COULD BE WRONG. ITS HAPPENED BEFORE. I DO, HOWEVER, JUST FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE WAY I'M EATING (OR SHOULD I SAY NOT EATING). I HOPE I DON'T GET ON THE SCALE NEXT SUNDAY AND FIND THAT I GAINED 5 LBS. WELL, I'VE GOT TO GET CRACKING SO I CAN VOTE ON MY WAY TO WORK.
  • When I was going to WW we were told not to do any weight training the day before as it would make our weight go up. I can't remember the mechanics behind it though. Also to stay away from salty foods the day before as well, as it makes you retain water. There is always the constipation issue too, that's gotta make a difference.

This morning I weighed a pound and a half less than yesterday morning. How does that happen? Looking back at what I ate yesterday, I didn't eat anything with a lot of salt for one. Two, I walked about a mile at lunch time and another 2.5 on my treadmill at home. A member on the old SH group told me to walk 5 miles a day and eat only natural foods and I would lose weight. I did it for a couple of weeks, (well, not quite 5 miles a day but at least 3) and it was working very well. Then I went on vacation and the rest is history. So, trying to get back to it now.

I'm also working on bringing down my blood pressure before my doc prescribes meds for it as I'd heard they cause weight gain. Crimeny, I think it's my weight that's partially responsible for my high blood pressure so I sure don't need to gain more! I bought a blood pressure monitor for my home last weekend and this morning my blood pressure was way, way better than it has been. Almost in the high-normal range. Okay, so low salt and exercise, maybe I can get it down myself. Yay!

Teri
  • ranchoalmosta, that was really interesting to read about your trial with your blood pressure. =D> i manage my blood pressure and cholesterol levels through food and exercise. it is terrific to know we can take care of our own bodies ourselves sometimes!! <:P try and add in some short periods of relaxation. I) notice your breathing and this can help lower your blood pressure as well. Jenny :)
  • Nevermind and good luck.
  • ive been busy with work.i also went to see the NS,he pulled me backwards and ive been in alot of pain since,thought doctors were supposed to make you better lol,they ve recommend epidurals and steriod injections,eating programme has nt been great this week guess il have 2 wait and see what sunday brings

hope you are all keeping well
  • I swear, the minute that I decided to join in on the weight loss forum, I started thinking about food NONSTOP! I'm not even hungry and I don't have Halloween candy, but I just can't stop thinking about putting food in to my mouth. I know how badly I need to lose some weight, but the thought of food is so powerful! ">image
    On a good note, I did get out and go swim today at the local community center. I certainly didn't feel up to the task, but I somehow found a tiny bit of gumption and pulled it out and went. It was great floating in that water. The swimming was a bit taxing on me, but all in all it was very nice and made me feel better about not being able to take my mind off of eating! ">image
  • :) trater, this is a good time to start to try and train your mind. every time you think of food give yourself a little pinch and really think if you are hungry or just thinking about food to be thinking about it!!!! taking that extra moment of time can teach you to not act on your thoughts. what a way to go!! <:P the pool is a great place to work out and not hurt yourself. do that everytime you feel the urge to eat and you will be thinner than all of us in no time. =)) Jenny :)
  • If I went swimming every time I thought of eating, I would have PRUNE skin or possibly just turn in to a fish!!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.