Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First ESI today....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Spinal Injections
I am having my first esi today at two this afternoon. This is cervical for left arm and shoulder. Sure has been a long road finding a good PM clinic. Its hard to believe its been 16 months since I got diagnosed with cervical issues [was being treated for arthritis in shoulder] Trying to stay postitive here and hope for the best. :S Hopeing everyone finds some peace today.....Mike
Side note: When the PM doc wrote the script for c-esi and I took it to check out they entered it as caudal esi lumbar not cervical esi. Could have caused some confusion today when I bring in my MRI and check in. Alway got to watch that the I,s are dotted and T,s are crossed don't you?
advertisement

Comments

• Just stopping by to wish you the best outcome with the ESI I hope it brings you some pain relief.

Let us know how it went when your able O:)
  • I hope they do the right epi. Mine is caudal which is lumber. Hope they get it right. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks guys! and yes they did get it right!!! In and out in less than 2 hours. Soreness at the injection site just below C7,some nausea,and I can't do chin to chest this morning in my ROM routine. The IV left a bigger mark than the ESI. I was aware the entire procedure even with valium,etc.. felt a cold stick and mild pressure thats about it! They wheeled me into a recovery area with warm blankets,cable TV,and fountain drinks {ahh! sierra mist with IV valium,lol!!] After 30 min. of BP monitoring I went home. Let you know in a couple of days how its going.
    Thanks again...Mike
  • I am so jealous.I have cervicle DDD and when I get my injections I don't get IV's or anything to relax me or for the pain.All they do is give me a numbing agent injection and then proceed with the ESI...and it HURTS.I'd have liked to have had the IV's with the relaxing and pain meds as I've read about.

Why do I feel this anger at my Dr(who I really like)for not offering this to me??? Honestly I feel like a jealous kid who didn't get a toy she wanted right now..[ugh]

Michael~I really hope that your injection is successful,and yes you have to 'watch' them*lol*.When I had my surgeries I actually had to mark which foot they were doing(with a black marker) so that they didn't get them mixed up..and THEY advised me to do this.Scary huh?
advertisement