Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another newbie currently in PM

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone!

I am so glad to have found this site!

My name is Kristi, and I am 34 years old.

I initially injured my back jumping in a swimming pool back in 1997.

I do NOT know why it happened...I just know when I broke the water, I felt the top part of my lower back go right, and the bottom go left, and I could not move my legs for about 30 seconds, and I had to swim to the side of the pool with just my arms.

When I did regain use of my legs, I had to stand like a caveman...my body bent forward, and my knees bent...if I erected myself to a normal position, it felt like lightning shooting out the top of my head and the bottoms of my feet.

I have dealt with the symptoms of the slipped disc about every 3 years or so, and then I would seek out the help of my chiropractor to get me back in line.

This time, it wasn't working, so I had an MRI done which now shows 2 discs slipped (L-4/L-5) and a lot of arthritis and degenerative disc disease going on.

I have a very high pain tolerance, which makes me almost impossible to treat chiropractically (he says I have the highest pain tolerance he's ever seen in his working career), and when it got to be too much, I sought out a PM clinic.

Now, I have had a cortisone injection, and feel marvelous...except for the fact of knowing that my x-rays show what looks like 2 tiers of a wedding cake toppling over for vertebrae. LOL

I have another injection this Monday to prepare for a nerve ablation.

I am blessed with the pain tolerance, which I will admit I do abuse in lieu of taking medicine, because even the most mild medication will knock me out for HOURS up to a day (like the ultram I have is doing now...take one, out for 12 hours).

Anyway, I tried to keep it as short and sweet as possible...but there is "me" in a nutshell, and I look forward to getting to know all of you and to begin lending my ears to those who are in the same boat.

Kristi
advertisement

Comments

• I hope things go well for your ablation. I wonder if that would be helpful for me. I've had only 2 epidurals, and trigger point injections. I don't feel this pain Dr. has anything else for me and I will mention to my Family Dr. on Friday this Dr. doesn't even use flouroscopy, I don't think he even does ablation. Thanks for sharing. See you around. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It is great to hear that you are finding relief through the injections. I have had very good luck with the rhizotomy and hope that you will too. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Hi Kristi, and welcome!
    I have slipped discs too, injured while on the job. I had 3 epidurals under fluroscopy and it helped me a lot. I have pain every now and then, at least on a scale of 4/10. Life goes on, I still drive, etc... but no more riding the roller coaster with my kids whenever we go to disneyland or legoland, or to any amusement park. I usually just enjoy myself taking their pictures/looking at them having fun.
    Again, welcome and thanks for sharing with us.
    Honeybee
  • Welcome to the board >:D< .

I also have a bad disk too. Meds do make me zonk right out also, but I take tramadol and it doesn't make me tired?! The percocet is really a knocker for me! LOL. I am sure that you will like it here. Welcome!!!

Heidi
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are dealing with chronic pain. ~X( you seem to be doing all the right things. you are blessed to have a high pain tolerance. good luck with your future pain treatments. i hope they continue to give you relief. Jenny :)
advertisement