Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nobody want to work on me

crashhccrashh Posts: 40
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So after my surgeon referred me to pain management, my pain management doctor already said she does not think my current neurosurgeon is treating me properly and that I should go to D__e U. By the way I am 100 miles from D__e. After the PM doctor saw my MRI I was sent immediatley to hospital for a CSF leak/infection. Thank god there was no infection. My pain management doctor ordered another MRI. I was called into her office the very next day and I was told there are some big problems. She made an apt. for a nerve study the next day. Again my pain management doctor called me the same day and had me in her office the following morning. She said after all the tests there was still a piece of disc. There was acute damage to the nerve-root and scar tissue was grown around the nerve-root. I was told I would need surgery again. I went to my follow up apt. with my surgeon and was told in a nice way that "this was beyond his skill level" that he was done with me and he was going to refer me to D__e U, which is what my pain management doctor already did because she does not think he is treating me properly. So my surgeon basically kicked me to the curb. I am waiting to hear from a Dr. , MD @ D__e U. I am worried. I don't want another surgery!!Sad. Does anyone have experience in this type of problem. I am on 10/325 percocet X3 per day and 900mg per day of neurontin. The percocet don't do much so I do not take them often. The neurontin kicks my ass and deffinatley takes the edge off but I cannot function. I sleep all day and forget things easily. Recently I have noticed after waking from maybe a 10 or 20 min nap I am numb in different extremities... my right and left arms,legs and hands but never all at once. It only lasts maybe a minute or so. In the past the only pain I have had was lower back at my incision and up and down my left leg bad pains especially when I sit. The numbness has just occurred about 10 days ago maybe less. Any info on this matters would be helpful. So it is now next day and I spoke with my suposedly new surgeon.lol he said "I will not operate on you. You need to see your current surgeon." I then told him that my doctor told me yesterday that "he was done with me and that I was beyond his skill level." I think the problem may be that my current surgeon messed me up and now no other surgeons wanna claim it. So what do I do now peeps:(

thanks in advance
advertisement

Comments

• Crash, I am so sorry you are having a hard time. Is the new surgeon still refusing to help you? Did he see your MRI? Was he saying you are not a surgical candidate or he is not wanting to get involved? Is there another surgeon at the Uni hopital that would see you? Perhaps get back with your PM doc for guidance. Maybe she could speak directly to the new surgeon about your case to get him to see you. I know I have heard of situations where with scar tissue and such they don't want to open you up again for fear it will only make it worse. Then I have seen some here who had more surgery to remove scar tissue and do get better. Please keep trying to be proactive and find some help. How long ago was the original surgery and what was done? I hope you get some help soon. >:D< Cali-Sue
  • I'm so sorry.

Maybe I'm out of line here-I saw no date from your last surgery,but if you believe that the surgeon 'messed up' you really need to seek an attorney,and soon.

This(spine issues)could get very costly,and it may be beyond anything that you know as you are not a Dr of course.It sounds like the surgeon is trying to use time..most states have a 2 year limitation in which to file suit.

Of course you would have to take care of your back as well..but if you see an attorney,you are not required to tell the new Dr..I'd keep mum about that,and word will travel fast.

Forgive me if I offended you by saying this..I'd hate to see too much time go by while this Dr dismisses you so casually,but if I'm out of line I am sorry :/
  • I had L4L5 discectomy on august 11,2008
    crashh said:
    So after my surgeon referred me to pain management, my pain management doctor already said she does not think my current neurosurgeon is treating me properly and that I should go to D__e U. By the way I am 100 miles from D__e. After the PM doctor saw my MRI I was sent immediatley to hospital for a CSF leak/infection. Thank god there was no infection. My pain management doctor ordered another MRI. I was called into her office the very next day and I was told there are some big problems. She made an apt. for a nerve study the next day. Again my pain management doctor called me the same day and had me in her office the following morning. She said after all the tests there was still a piece of disc. There was acute damage to the nerve-root and scar tissue was grown around the nerve-root. I was told I would need surgery again. I went to my follow up apt. with my surgeon and was told in a nice way that "this was beyond his skill level" that he was done with me and he was going to refer me to D__e U, which is what my pain management doctor already did because she does not think he is treating me properly. So my surgeon basically kicked me to the curb. I am waiting to hear from a Dr. , MD @ D__e U. I am worried. I don't want another surgery!!Sad. Does anyone have experience in this type of problem. I am on 10/325 percocet X3 per day and 900mg per day of neurontin. The percocet don't do much so I do not take them often. The neurontin kicks my ass and deffinatley takes the edge off but I cannot function. I sleep all day and forget things easily. Recently I have noticed after waking from maybe a 10 or 20 min nap I am numb in different extremities... my right and left arms,legs and hands but never all at once. It only lasts maybe a minute or so. In the past the only pain I have had was lower back at my incision and up and down my left leg bad pains especially when I sit. The numbness has just occurred about 10 days ago maybe less. Any info on this matters would be helpful. So it is now next day and I spoke with my suposedly new surgeon.lol he said "I will not operate on you. You need to see your current surgeon." I then told him that my doctor told me yesterday that "he was done with me and that I was beyond his skill level." I think the problem may be that my current surgeon messed me up and now no other surgeons wanna claim it. So what do I do now peeps:(

thanks in advance