Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie from Florida

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin. I'm 24 and from Jacksonville,FL. I was in a car accident about 2 and a half months ago and that is what started my back issues. I have a moderate herniation at L5-S1. I have some arthritis in the facets. I have 2 mild-moderate herniated disks in my neck as well. I have been in Physical Therapy for the last 2 and a half months. I find that its helped my back a little bit, but not enough to the point that I can go back to doing everything I was doing before the accident. My neck has actually gotten worse in the last month. I get horrible headaches that start at the back of my head 1-3 times a week. I also have problems with my shoulders and shoulder blades. At times, it feels like someone has put a brick on each shoulder when I try to lift my arms up. I was am on Medication. Tramidol, Flexirol, and Diclofenac. They all helped initially, but I find they just don't help at all anymore. I was discharged from Physical Therapy yesterday and I am being referred to pain management. I'm not at all sure what they are going to tell me, though I have a feeling that surgery could be in my future. So, any advice on what you all have been through and what works/doesn't work I would very much appreciate! I look forward to getting to know you all and making new friends!

Kristin
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health...
  • Kristin,

Some things that I would suggest:
    Brewster's ( ice cream ) and Peterbrooke (chocolate).
    I use to live in Jax and when I visit these are on my stop list.

Seriously, welcome to Spine Health. There are so many wonderful people on this site. Here you will find someone to answer your questions, help lift your spirits, give you support and encouragement.

I had fusion surgery (TLIF), L4-5:S1 Oct. 7th and I would have gone even more mental if it wasn't for this site and the care of people who have gone down this path before me.

Lili

• I hope things go well with your pain management Dr. They do injections which help with pain. Usually your sedated so don't worry. They also recommend you for surgery if the injections don't help completely in time. They can also supply pain meds but my family Dr. takes care of that. Let us know how it goes for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Usually you are sent to pain management when surgery is not an option but who knows. Have you tried heat and ice on the problem areas? Good luck and I hope that you find relief soon.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H good luck with your future pain treatments. Jenny :)
advertisement