Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Things are better

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Good News
Hi I just want to share some of my story.. i just joined yesterday and i noticed that i was talking about my bad days mostly. But I would like to talk about all the good days now.

This is my personal story and i dont know how typical it is but here it is.

I got injured in 07 lifting an injured individual, after 3 epidurals and therapy i was able to come back to work with no restrictions after 5.5 months, I guess I had an annular tear and a disc protusion on L5 S1, the third ESI finally gave me the relief to be able to get the benefit of the therapy at the time i really wanted a discogram or another study to make sure as to the real extent of my injury, it didnt happened.
went back to work no restrictions and i did great for 7 months, and i got hurt ....yes you guess it right same area same disc but this time bad, bad. another 3 epidurals ddnt do it this time

injured this last january surgery on May it has been almost 6 months and i been very lucky, I had a complete disc replacement L5 S1 with a prodisc, long story short my surgeon/and primary DOc gave me the clearance to start doing some sports, and my lifting restrictions are getting higher and higher, altough i'm not pain free i can go most of the day feeling normal, and it sounds like i will be returning to work no restrictions in a few weeks.

i'm spinning, running, lifting weights, swimming, started with otherr sports, I CAN TOUCH MY TOES.

I HAVE RELIGIOUSLY FOLLOWED MY DOCTORS RESTRICTIONS, and its working out,

thank you all for listening, i had very bad days when i tought i wasnt going to be able to perform normal functions and now i can do pretty much anything i want.

I am blessed and all the pain will hopefully be a memory very soon.

Now there were a lot of people that listened to me and gave me support. I want to be the same way to people if you need someoone to talk to.

Im not a doctor or nothing like that and believe that the people that is better fit and qualified to answer limitations, and treatment are the Pt, MD's etc.

ok now good luck and contact me if you need someone to correspond to.

advertisement

Comments

• That's great things have worked out for you. It's nice to hear a success story. You said you still have some pain though, that goes away right? Did you have any numbness and sciatica before your surgery? Is that now gone? Thanks for sharing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sounds fantastic! What a wonderful feeling it is as you continue to go to the gym and get stronger and fitter. Especially when you reach that point where it seems almost from one day to the next you are "back in your groove"! I'm really happy to hear that your disc replacement is working out so well!

"C"
  • Recovering is hard work and it sounds like you're doing really well. You gave others the best most sound advice I think every new person here needs to hear and that was to FOLLOW YOUR DOCTORS RESTRICTIONS. I like my Doctor. Oviously, or he wouldn't have been cutting my neck open. I trusted him and because of that I listen to him. Right now he's my biggest cheerleader. That's why I listen to EVERYTHING he says.
    Even now that you're feeling much better please stay. Many people get well and move on and with them goes all of the wisdom that they could have shared.
    You touched your toes! Way to go! <:P
    Best wishes!
  • I am so happy for you that you've had such success with your recovery process!

Definitely stay with us and share your experiences with someone who is looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!

I am so happy for you!

Jeaux
  • Hiya, welcome to Spine Health >:D< Reading your story there

its over welmed me :''( I can feel your joy :))( Its so

nice to hear that some has a success story :?

Good Luck for the future! >:D<

Angie :D
  • =D>
    Glad that your are doing well, nice to hear that these things can happen.
    <:P >:D<
  • hahahahah. love it. i too am a pmed got hurt on a call. had the flexicore adr. I am doing well but i am not able to go back to the streets. can't lift. So i teach paramedics while i go back to school for med school. i wanna be a baby doc! 8> congrats and please pm me and let me know specifics of good and bad. we have different disks but i always like a good story. take care and big hugs.
    chelle
advertisement