Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

20 weeks post op

ohiopatriotoohiopatriot Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
and things are goin well. NS said at check up that xrays show almost 100% fusion! woohoo! Doin PT once a week and left arm 90% back. Work can still be a chore most days and I tried to move some bags of mulch a couple weeks back and found out that was the WRONG thing to do! Pulled shoulder muscle big time. Thats better now so I try not to complain. Gets a little better day by day. Wish everyone out there all the best and always drive on with the mission, no matter what! and THANKS to all the Vets! HooAhh
advertisement

Comments

• I'm glad you're healing well. That's such good news. Keep up the good work. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That's excellent to hear. What a way to celebrate Veteran's Day!

"C"
  • Hi patriot,we have some things in common,I had the same surgery five weeks ago and still have left arm and shoulder pain. What type of PT do you do? sorry to hear about the crash I also ride a road king not lately though

Curt
  • Hi Curt and thanks for posting. I started PT about 6/7 weeks PO after an EMG test. Test showed nerve damage down left arm but DR. said in his experiance I would get it all back in time. Well, he was right. The more I do with it, the more comes back. DONT rush it. I tried that too. Do what you can when you can. I have a lot of atrophy on my shoulder blade and bicep. Building it back slowly but surely. I have given myself a year to get back to where I was. I believe by the grace of God, I will be just fine. Nice King. The boys at the shop fixed my softail and I have ridden her twice. The wife give me hell though! I deserve it. Good luck and just take it slow.
  • HI.patriot I am encouraged with the results of your PT, I will be starting next week. One year sounds like a long time but from what I read and hear it is probably realistic. I hope I have the patients, five weeks and this surgery thing is getting very old. I think we have something else in common,our wives think alike I rode down the street and back with the same result and she said I look ridicules in a helmet and neck brace.
  • OH NO YOU DIDNT! You rode with a neck brace on? Are you insane??????!!!!!!! You have lost your mind! 8} My doctor told me no helmet until after 3 months and I don't even have a brace on!
    By the way guys thanks for getting me focused on motorcycles instead of pain for a few minutes tonight.
  • To all who commented. Did not want to appear snobbish by not thanking everyone. Hope everyone is getting along alright out there. Curt, I bet that did look funny rollin with the neck brace! Getting colder here. Looking forward to spring and being back to normal!
advertisement