Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

facet blocks

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
I am having several facet blocks done in the morning. The doc did not give me any special instructions-is there something I should do to prepare? can I drive home? Anyone have success/failure with them? I am 14 weeks post op (lumbar TLIF-read my signature)-I am havign them on my cervical and thoracic spine. Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• Usually with any injections they usually ask you to have someone else drive. But in my PM Dr. office, one man said he was going to drive himself home but I think he had an epidural. I haven't had facet blocks but I had nerve blocks trigger therapy and I could've driven. Maybe someone else could help answer this. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Do not drive after injection, get home and lay down for at least 4-8 hours.

if they don't work try lidacane infusions
  • I called the doc to make sure and they told me that I would be fine to drive myself home! All that I have read on the web says you must have someone with you. At any rate-my husband will be at work so I will HAVE to take myself there and back! I hope it turns out ok! Thanks!
  • Good luck tomorrow! Also, are you not on pain meds by choice or because your doc won't RX? I was just curious, since you aren't very far out from your surgery... Wasn't it just in August? My NS was still prescribing for me for 6 months, so I am assuming by choice? What is your secret? LOL! :)
  • I can not take pain meds becuase they make me throw up! THe docs always try to 'push" them on me but I refuse them for that reason...PLUS..I am a mother-I can not afford to be knocked out. My surgery was aug 5th-the first couple of days were TORRMENT (I only took OTC tylenol!)-then the next couple of weeks were really hard-but manageable. After a month...I was just barely sore-I did not even need tylenol that much at that point. That is where I am today-just kinda sore. I can feel the hardware when I am laying down or siting back in a chair (I asked the doc and he said that I WAS feeling the hardware..I was thinking it was in my head!) My secret??? Not sure. I followed docs orders....for 6 weeks I ONLY walked and layed down. I walk about 1 hour a day. I wore my brace ALL the time except when laying flat (even in the shower!) for the first 12 weeks! I am finally out of it -Thank God! Oh! and lots and lots of prayer!!! Sorry to hear that you are still in pain! :( What did you have done?
advertisement