Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PM office so unorganized!!

anjuanaanjuan Posts: 236
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Pain Medications
I know I don't have as much to complain about as some of you who have bigger problems dealing with a PM Dr. My PM Dr. believes my pain and has provided me with proper treatment. But the office staff is so unorganized that it drives me insane! ~X( If they aren't screwing up my appointment time, they are improperly denying my refill requests, taking up to 4 days to fill them, etc. Even my husband who is really very mild mannered is about ready to go to their office and give them a talking to. =)) (I told him that wouldn't help.) I have to call my pharmacy to fax in a refill request for every single fill (even the non-narcotics). So, they notified the pharmacy that I needed to call them because my tramadol was denied. Of course when I call they have no clue why it was denied and I have to wait for someone to call me back. (Even the person on the phone said, "This is such a mess! I don't blame you for being upset." If there was an issue, why didn't they just call me in the first place??? They have told me that someone will call me back today but I really doubt it. I have never had this many issues with a PM office.

I am so glad that I am having my fusion soon so I hopefully won't have to deal with these people any more. If I do need pain meds after my neuro releases me I am going to see if my old PM Dr. would take me back. (He orignally referred me to this other PM who does more procedures since he couldn't do anything more for me.)

Sorry for the rant. It is over now.
advertisement

Comments

• Yeah, that is a big mess. Maybe they need to get another office manager or something. I hope your surgery goes well; I had an open back TLIF/laminectomy around 21 weeks ago. I still take a long list of meds to manage my pain, so I follow up with my surgeon and get pain meds with PM. I hope your fusion goes well and that you have a successful recovery.
  • My Doctor makes me see her once a month for refills. It keeps the Insurance company happy to follow up with my Dr. and I have no trouble at the pharmacy. I hope your surgery goes well. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Well, they never called me back and they are now closed. ~X( I was told if someone didn't call me by 3pm to call them back. I just tried to call and no one picked up. This will just mean that I have to take the norco more often, which makes me a lot more tired, etc. I really prefer the tramadol because I can function a lot better at work. I will definately be on the phone first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the well wishes on the fusion surgery!

If I still need pain meds afterwards I am definately going to switch PM Dr.s. I live in a large metro out there, so thankfully this isn't the only one around. ;))
  • aggravating! I have had so many good docs that it just was not worth dealing with due to either the personalities (rude) or disorganization of the office staff. I must say that I moved from a large metro area to a small town 3 years ago and I really do not get the bad attitudes and disorganization here. My son says that everyone is so polite because there are so few jobs that they are just happy to have one! ;)
    Good luck on your fusion and keep us posted!
  • Ok, so I finally spoke to the nurse. So, my Dr. wasn't available and they had another Dr. who has never seen me look at the chart and she didn't think that I should be on both tramadol and norco and they want me to come into the office before they will approve the tramadol. I explained to her that first of all I don't take them at the same time. The norco is for break through pain and I have been on tramadol for 5 years! I also questioned why they suddenly were questioning my meds 3 weeks prior to my fusion surgery. I told her that I definately do have enough leave time for my surgery as it is, and if they made me come in it would be an even greater financial hardship for me. I also mentioned that this meant that if they didn't prescribe the tramadol I would have to take the stronger norco instead. 8} So, she is going to try to talk to my Dr. but said he is in surgery all day so she didn't know when they would get back to me. ~X(

I am definately switching PM Drs if I need one after the surgery.
advertisement