Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This is me!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi,
I have had back pain for 27 years on and off since a sporting accident in my teens. Recently worse exacerbations and after MRI and neurosurgical review had the diagnosis of DDD. Although not offered any surgical options which in some ways was disappointing was told that the progress of my disease is advanced and should result in complete degeneration and fusion within a couple of years. I am trying to tell myself that this is actually good news! only 2-3 years to wait to be relatively pain free!

I am an emergency dept doctor and family doctor so an expert in management of my pain. It was great to find this site. I thought I was going nuts as running is less painful than walking and your page on DDD described my experiences exactly.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to put your site together, I will be referring patients to it to have a look.

advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i too have DDD and other problems not helped by surgery right now. finding the best conservative treatments is key to any hope of a better lifestyle, as pain free as possible. :X good luck, make yourself at home and stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Nice to meet you. I'm an ER RN. Maybe we could open a walk in clinic. j/k I have DDD as well as L5-S1 herniated disc and tear. I've been off work for 9 months to heal but my job is still available for me. ER is a stressful but great place to work. I really miss my job. Do you have any sciatica issues? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • that will be great of you to refer your patients here. I wish that one of my docs would have done that for me years ago. I also have DDD and arthritis in my facet joints. I have already had surgery with no success. I am sure that you are already aware that there are no guarantees with surgery and sometimes it even makes the pain worse. Good luck to you and I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
advertisement