Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It's the little things...

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ah, finally...

To be able to shower by myself.

To finally get the "Yes" off that they wrote on the back of my neck before surgery.

To finally get all the sticky stuff off that was left behind from all the tape(why did they put tape there?).

To not have my friends look at me with pity in their eyes.

And to finally not have my husband afraid I'll break when he hugs me.

Ah, it's the little things. 8>
advertisement

Comments

• Well said! I'm so happy for you!

Caity
  • Glad you are taking it one step at a time. Hope you are feeling better every day!
  • so glad you have a high spirit and yes the little things mean everything in the world!!!
    keep up the good recovery! >:D< >:D< >:D<
    sorry you had writing that would not wash off and sticky stuff?? hmm i never had any of that with my neck. interesting darling :? :? :? ;)
  • I'm so glad it's over for you...now upward and onward (or something like that!). I remember someone here saying that you should measure your progress in WEEKS not DAYS. That is so very, very true! Rest now and give your body the time and rest it needs to heal.
  • Aren't the little things wonderful! >:D<
    You sound like you are doing really well. Keep it up!

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Thank you all for the kind words. :*

Yes, I'm improving every day and I just love the little milestones that we hit as time goes on. Each one is a notch on the belt of recovery.

I hope you don't think I'm really weird, but, my doctor told me my incision won't leave a visible scar. Well, I hope it leaves at least a trace because I've worked hard for that scar and I want to sport it proudly! :))(

Take care and I hope you all improve as the days go by. >:D< >:D< >:D<

Cath
  • The shower was a biggie! I agree.
    I didn't have tape or writing on me either. I mean I had writing (DUH had to mark where the incision went), but they took it off. It's so funny how different surgeons are.
    Hugs are a big one too. It's funny how people are so careful when hugging. The biggest hug I have received to date was from my former Physical Therapist. A big ol' bear hug!
    It's awesome that you are doing so well "surgery twin" of mine!
advertisement