Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It has been a long YEAR-L5-S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lower Back Pain
~X( I hope that I can at least find some others that
have been through something simialar,and maybe some suggestions..I am writing this for my Husband,who had a laminectomy Jan 08,2008. And is worse off now than before. They have diagnosed him with failed back surgery syndrome.He has a large amount of epidural fibrousis at the sugrery site,that is pinching the nerve root.PT on land was unsuccesful,so he is now trying water therapy.He has one epidural nerve block with no success..He is on neurotin,valium,vocidin for pain,which is so severe sometimes that his legs will loose movement and control..It seems we have just been on a run around with doctors..One my main questions is,when his disk ruptured,he couldnt not get into surgery for over 2 months,and the ruptured disk was severly hitting the siactic nerve.Could this length of time between surgery and rupture caused permante nerve damage.I am desperate for any help or advice,My husband is only 35..Thank you!!
advertisement

Comments

• I also have the same condition, and I know that I have major nerve problems now. :''( I got hurt 2 years ago, herniated my disk and did everything non-invasive. I am now waiting to see a neurosergon. I am not sure if it does cause permanet nerve damage or not?

What does his surgeon think? Maybe he has some other problem going on with this?
  • in 1997 i had a laminectomy at L4/5 and in Nov 2007 i had a revisit of that operation and a bilateral discectomy at S1 i have DDD and spinal stenosis and thoracic outlet syndrome .i am in a load of pain .my legs feel like they are being crushed my back feels like its on fire and both my shoulders and arms and hands hurt like hell!.i spend all my time on my recliner taking oxycodone for pain .i can't take any of the gaba type drugs as i am allergic to them.i can't walk for more than a few yards i get tired very quickly .i can't bend nor can i lift .i was a fit man i was an electrician .this illness has cost me my first wife and daughter my well payed job and company care and house.thank god i am remarried now {to a nurse}we have a lovely home but i am still no better health wise.i am only 42 my problems started after a car crash .we have an electrically adjustable bed with a memory foam mattress on it .it is very comfy but i can only manage 3 hours max then burning pain wakes me .then i have to get up take more pain killers and end up on my recliner.i use an acticare unit to help with the pain .but its dose not do that much if i am honest .i do get fed up with it and i feel sorry for you and your husband because i know just what hell he is going through.if you want to email me feel free to do so
    tony.beer1@googlemail.com
This discussion has been closed.