Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

confusion from what my Dr said, any help plz?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Pain Management
i have a problem with my facet joints in the lumber part of my back, wednesday i had my annual coarse of radiotherapy (burning of the nerves away) on my right and left hand side of my back, my doctor performing this procedure noticed that on the left hand side of my spine, between L5 and S1 that i have a separation of some sort in my vertebrae, she said that the radiotherapy should sort the pain out from the discomfort i must be feeling from this but didn't go into any more detail. :/

is there anyone who could give me a bit more information about this 'separation' and what i can do, or what not to do, so as not to make it worsen.

i am gutted that i have got something els wrong with my back, :''( and i am desperate for more information from someone who knows something about these situations.

thank you so very much.
advertisement

Comments

• thanks paul,

i see what u are sayin, i just wondered if anyone had any idea what she could have ment. i know i have to go back and see her at some point i was just after some information in advance, or if anyone els has this 'separation' problem.

oh well worth a try :(
  • You'll end up raeding and worrying about lots of things that are nothing relevant.

If you can get the correct name or clinical finding?

There are many things found on Xrays that are not actually problematic so run with the current treatmant and see if it helps.

good luck