Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

shoulder, arm and hand pain

MKBMMKB Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
I was working the other day and leaning down to pick up some heavy items when I felt a sharp pain and a feeling of pulling around my left collarbone. I thought, "This is going to hurt tomorrow!" I got through the day, because I HAVE to work. Well, yesterday, I was in a lot worse pain, but it was on the right side instead of the left in my shoulder, arm and hand.
I could hardly work, due to the pain when trying to reach up, which my job requires I do repeatedly. Now, on my day off, I'm not hurting as much, except occasionally it will take me by surprise when raising my arm, even my left. I also notice that when I hold my arm down, for instance, while walking, my hand feels like the blood is rushing to it, with pain in my index finger. Both my hands have been swollen, especially in the morning. Have any of you experienced this, and what was done for it? Thanx.
advertisement

Comments

• i dont know what to tell u but i hope u go and get it checked out. i say that because i have no idea if it could be something serious. maybe some member here has some idea. my guess only if it might be a simple problem would be a pulled muscle or something like that. my best advice would be to get to an er and have it checked out. keep us posted to what u find out.
  • that's the type of symptoms that TOS gives you .its worth getting it checked out
    STRAKER
  • You have TOS, what are nuerologic signs of it? I am doing an SCS trial next Wednesday start date. I shattered my right collarbone at the mid point, see my sig for details on how :( Anyway, When I say shattered I mean it snapped ragged in the middle with two floating 1 inch long pieces in the middle! Can you say ouch? Yeah, onwards with my question. When the mess would not heal a month later an OS went in and ran a pin through the marrow of it to align the bits and pieces. Then it healed but with a dip to the rear and a knot of bone.

I now have chronic shoulder pain, and transient shooting pains, numbness, burning, muscle twitches etc, No swelling or loss of bloodflow or anything.

When the SCS was suggested I had never heard of TOS. Now I wonder? I have not intention of stopping the SCS trial as it was way to hard to get approved! Plus, should this be some form of neurologic TOS I have seen little to suggest it can be safely "repaired" at this point. If the SCS fails I may chase the idea further.

What say you? Any idea? Could this be neurological TOS?
    Anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.