Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic herniation question

windflamewwindflame Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello I have a question in hopes someone can give some advice. I was recently diagnosed with having (from a thoracic scan) my c2 and c3, 7t-t10 herniated to the left according to what the neurologist told me and have a appoitment wensday at a spine institute. My problem is that I have constant pain in my neck which I can never get comfortable, as well as my middle part of my back, when I stand for longer then 20 minutes it gets to the point where it hurts and has really hindered the way I used to work. I also notice some other bowel problems I am occuring and major left eye pain. but what startles me is when I sneeze I will get this pain which at times has me in tears going down my neck, down both shoulders and ending where my elbows are at, but more severe on the left side. I often fall down too out of the blue as well as getting numbinb sensations on my left foot and hands. I am getting this uneasy feeling I could end up needing surgery and wonder if others go through this and had similar problems and what happened during those times. being I never had this happen it does worry me.
advertisement

Comments

• Are you on any meds for the pain? Also there are meds for the arms and legs numbness and pain. I hope you're going to a Neurologist to check out any numbness. I think you should get your eye checked out also. I never had such strong numbness in both arms and legs. Keep us posted. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Basically right now, im taking tylonol and ibuprohon (sp). I originally went to a neurologist because at the beginning, they were thinking I may possibly have Multiple Sclerosis, but did not see any lesions and only found these herniations at the specified locations. They (the neorologist) in turn sent me to the spine institute, I had a Vep test as well that came up abnormal but was said it had nothing to do with MS. so I kinda put that on the back burner and was told and read that the eye pain can have something to do with the spine depending on which vertebre is effected so I am trying to understand that aspect. This numbness I had was from the beginning of all this thus why they at first suspected MS but it turned down a different route which has me feeling better that it isnt that but having seen what the spine problems can entail, its more a frightening experience and hoping this is something that will get better
  • The C2 and C3 herniation are probaly causing you to fall down. That is a common thing with cervical herniations. Did your neuroligist suggest a Neurosurgeon visit. I have very large heriation from C5 to T 11 and after they fixed my neck all of the leg and feet problems went away. They will not fix the thoracic ones and I suffer daily with those pains. I will say the neck operation went very well and is the easies operation of the three area's in the back. I also dropped everything I picked up before the neck was fixed. Now I don't. I'm two years out from surgery and get alittle stiffness if I overdo but really I'm 90% better. I would request a NS consult. Fell free to ask any questions. Lois
  • hi now i found this cuz i start to have strange left eye pain...then it goes in the nech and left shoulder blade...i have thoracic t6 t7 herniation
advertisement