Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve burn good for 3 months now in bad pain

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all :H
I have had shots up the yin yang and PM Dr. did a ablation on the lower back two levels. I felt like a new person on a scale of pain it was a 1 well I have been threw alot over these months with neck shots back shots ablation both on neck and back dog died and lord and behold I ended up in the hospital for 8 days came home for a few days and back for 7 appendix removed on it goes. Now my back has flared up and I think it was the hospital bed 15 days. Called the PM Dr. and the talked to the assist. and she called me back and tells me Dr. said I am done. WHAT!!!!! She said if the ablation did not hold for at least 6 months Dr. says no need to do anything else. She did say that I can get meds. I am so upset. I am going to have to get another pain Dr. but, I can't tell him of my injections because he will not give them to me because I had too many. I know this is not right but, I would rather have some relief than be in this pain and what ever happens due to the injections I will have to deal with. I am so lost with this. What would you do in my shoes. SOrry so long guys. You are all so great to talk too and vent also. Blessing to you all with good health,
advertisement

Comments

• they don't go back and do again what's been effective for you in the past ... another ablation. I thought repeating them was part of the deal since nerve grows back.
  • Well the MA said Dr. says that the ablation should last at least 6 months and it has only been 3. Maybe mine grow faster than others. 8}
  • lots of people they do grow back faster. I am not a doc but, I would think that they would give it another try. I can tell you from experience that the more that I have had done, the longer they last. I would be honest with another PM. Maybe you will find one willing to do another rhizotomy. Good luck.
  • Tomorrow I am going in for two levels facet injections. New Dr. have to be their in the am I am so scared because I am afraid of anyone touching my back this Dr. I had has another Dr. put me to sleep not just the sedation because of my fear I think he is the only Dr. that does that out here. So, this new one only give IV sedation do not know how it is going to go. If I am in the pain I am in now I really don't care. Will let you know what happens. I need to find out about a S.C.S my ortho wants me to have one and I just found out that a trai is what they do first so, need to find out how the trail goes. Do you know???
  • Ellin, you can do a search at the top of the page here and you will get LOTS of feedback on spinal cord stimulators; several people on this site have had them. The trial has to be done first to see if you are going to be a successful candidate.

As for the RF ablation, I have had three of them done; the first two lasted four to six weeks and the last one lasted six months, but others have had up to two years of relief. As I mentioned in a different post, everyone is different, so there is no "rule" as to how long they last.

Take care, and good luck. Remember....you're doing all this to reduce your pain! =D>

Tracy

• Tracy did you have to wait 6 months to get the ablation done again?? My Dr. said he will not do it now. I only talked to his MA and this is what she told me he said. Just home from the facet injections and it hurt feel lots better now sore but less pain Hope it lasts
  • He didn't set a time limit for me, maybe because he didn't use much in the way of steroids. The other thing might be that your insurance won't cover it before six months....?

I hope the facet injections are successful; is this to hold you over until the next RF?
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.