Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Diagnosed with Lyme

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi guys, I saw the NS last wk he said that my stenosis is so mild it has nothing to do with my widespread symptoms.

I was dx today with lyme disease and start treatment tomorrow...
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear of your DX, but at least you have a cause that in itself must be a relief.

Heres to a speedy recovery!!!
  • sorry to hear of your disease. good luck with your treatments and i will pray for u.
  • I grew up in Wisconsin (lots of ticks) and was diagnosed with Lyme Disease when I was a senior in high school. I had been really tired and felt lousy off and on for about a year. They kept testing me for mono and it kept coming back negative. I woke up one morning with excrutiating pain in my left ankle. I couldn't put any weight on it and my mom took me to the ER. They took X-rays, etc. and couldn't find anything wrong. The next day we went to the regular clinic and luckily the GP on duty that day used to practice in Connecticut, (where Lyme Disease was first documented and studied). She took one look at my symptoms and history and immediately ran titers for Lyme's. After confirming the diagnosis, I was put on a two month course of tetracycline. My follow-up titers were low enough to pronounce me "cured", but my ankle still felt sore for a couple years and I have never been able to wear high heals since (darn!)

At the same time I was diagnosed, my H.S. science teacher was also diagnosed. She was a LOT sicker, though and was hospitalized for several weeks. We ended up with a substitute teacher for an entire semester.

Hopefully your treatments will go well and you will feel better soon. Good Luck!