Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need advice regarding spinal stimulator

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
I have had two major spine surgeries, and numerous pain related treatments. I am now reduced to walking short distances only and with great pain. Im no stranger to cronic pain as i have been dealing with this situation for 6 years. I have decided to try the spinal stimulator and would love to here some good and or bad from anyone with knowledge. Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I have met several individuals who have had the stimulator and wanted it removed immediately afterwards. Please do your research as there are several complications and different types of units.

Good luck
  • I don't have one, but after failed back surgery and ongoing leg pain, my doc is suggesting one. He claims he has patients that have used them over a decade with great relief. I also know someone who had one put in and has had problems but is having it adjusted and hopes it may work. I think it's just like any surgery - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But - I think if it is removable, and doesn't create life-threatening side effects (I don't know, haven't researched it yet myself ), it may be worth trying. Who knows, it may change your life!

I will be interested to hear the responses to your post too! Rosa
  • I am waiting for my insurance to okay a trial with a spinal cord stimulator and I have been waiting a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g t-i-m-e. During this time I've asked a lot of questions and gotten a lot of answers. I know there are a lot of people on this forum who are thrilled with their stims and a few who are not. If you do a search "spinal cord stimulator" you will find a boatload of information. Susan.