Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Complications: Tendon muscles twisted during surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm not sure where to post this, but I haven't found this anywhere on the internet and I was wondering if this happened to anyone else. After my 3rd neck surgery (First 2 ACDF, last one posterior decompression) I was in excruciating pain. When it didn't improve my Dr. said I must have twisted muscles or tendons from the surgery and he gave my steriods, first orally then injections. After a month, whatever it was popped back into place. Anyway, since I have pain, spasms, trigger points etc. (all myofascial). Botox trigger point injections and active release massage (PT) are helping some but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how you are doing. It's been almost a year since my surgery. Has anyone found anything else that helps? I am also on pain meds and amitriptylin, but that's it. I do a lot of stretching exercises and walking as directed by PTherapist which also helps.
advertisement

Comments

• wow 3 neck surgeries, u shouldget a medal. i dont know about muscle or tendon issues from surgery but they do push and pull on alot during the surgery. i am glad u found something that helps with easing the pain. my ns told me that i have a lot of scare tissue that causes pain along with artritis. i wish u luck and hope u are done with surgeries.
  • Thank you for posting this blog. I have what my doctor has called a twisted tendon in my neck for around 2 years now.

I got it from having my head unsupported while sleeping in my partner's arms (can u believe!!) and my symptoms are - the next morning I couldn't move because of my neck pain and I was basically immobile for a few of days, and then a neck brace!! And ever since then my neck violently spasms just as I am falling asleep (when my neck starts to relax).

It is the biggest pain both physically & mentally. I am very worried about how it is going to progress into the future. Especially since the spasms are so violent.

My doctor said he can do nothing for me - maybe he believed it would sort itself out.

Thank you for your post, I can now print it out and take it to my doctor and he may take into consideration some treatments that you have had.

Once again, thank you.
  • Welcome to Spine health Chrissy! I am sorry about all your pain, let's hope your doctor will respond to your plea.

Good luck,

Kin