Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery 11/24 Aortic Bi-fem

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
Posting here because this is where most of my peeps are :X :X :X
Surgery is all set for Monday the 24th. They will be making a 8 inch insicion on my left side of the belly. A 5 inch scar on each leg. They will put synthetic grafts in.
I will be in 3-5 days. Dr said 5-6 days. NP said they would try to get me out by Thanksgiving etc etc etc. Due to my age <:P Age whats that :/ :$ :D
Staples of course YUKKK but I will deal. She said I should feel awesome except for incision pain. They keep me on meds till the staples are out then my Pcp takes over. LOVELY world we live in now.
Here you can have her now!! ~X( #o :H
NP said they do Oxycontin when they send me home to start off with NOT I SAID :> :> Give me my percocet ;) ;) #:S #:S ;)
Went xmas shopping tonight, got a few things. But now I will have timeeeeeeeeeee >:D< =D> =D> =D>

Thanks all for the PM's, comments on myspace etc.
Your all AWESOME people!! O:) O:) O:)

Lots of love
Terri >:D< :* >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• YOU GO GIRL WITH YOUR HAPPY SELF... I CANT BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER SURGERY. IS IT RELATED TO ANY OF THE OTHER ISSUES ON YOUR POST SIGNATURE? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW YOU CAN HAVE A BLOCKAGE IN YOUR ARTERY IN YOUR STOMACHE? HOW DID THEY FIND IT? DID YOU HAVE PAIN THERE? WISH YOU THE BEST GIRL . AROUND THE HOLIDAYS TOO. YOU NEED ANYTHING YOU JUST EMAIL ME HON. I DIDNT EVEN SEE YOU POST THIS BEFORE,, IS THIS A RECENT PROBLEM THEY FOUND?

SINCERELY, DAWN
  • Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. I'm sure a lot of us have nervously waiting to hear from you. :SS I'm glad you don't have to wait too terribly long for this next big step. I admire your courage and your attitude, girl. You rock! (Have missed seeing your posts with all the smileys.)
  • Hi Terri, I have been wondering about you all day. So glad you are home, have a little time to get prepared, and yet aren't having to wait forever to get this over with =D> .

Now you are gonna do great. If by chance you don't get out for Thanksgiving have the family bring the good food to you! Hospital Thanksgiving meals aren't the greatest, although usually better than some other regular day. I have worked many a Thanksgiving and eaten many a hospital turkey meal :))( .

Wow, PCP so soon?! And we thought Spine surgeons rushes us off our meds 8} . I am 15 weeks out and I just requested a Norco refill, we will see, I haven't heard yet. I am not expecting to get it, but thought I'd give it a whirl.

Now you take care my spiney sister :X ! When you get well, we are gonna have a party <:P <:P , even if it is from across the country 8>

>:D< :* >:D< :* Cali-Sue

• You're my hero! I hope this is the last one for you for good. It's good to hear you got some shopping done. That's wonderful!
  • Hi Terr,
    Guess you know there will be a lot of prayers coming in your direction on MOnday. I wish you all the best. I know this really sucks having to have another surgery so soon. The good thing is that maybe this will be the one that finally has you feeling better. You always have the greatest attitude and I just know its going to get you though one more time. That and your family and your huge extended family over here on spine-health. Its time to sit back and let this gang provide you all the support that you are always providing to others.
    Let us know as soon as you can how it all goes (maybe you could arrange for someone else to give us a quick update after your surgery?)
    LJ
  • this will be it for you Terri, My gosh you have been through so much and you really are a wonderful inspiration to us all here who whinge about the littlest things.
    I will keep you in my preayers for the 24th but I know you wont need the extra as everything is going to be great and you will fly through this one.
    After that, your fusion can take properly and you'll be up and running :))( :))( <:P

Blessings Sara O:)

• I am glad they are moving forward quickly and not giving you the run around. You deserve to be taken care of, you do so much for everyone else.

Maybe we should all caravan to the hospital to keep you company! Pick up a bunch of people on the way. We would just need to find someone that can drive more than 15 minutes at a time due to sitting restrictions,lol.

hugs,
    Shell
  • Hi terri- best wishes for a quick and speedy recovery. Hopefully you will get out by Thanksgiving if at all possible. If not, then have someone smuggle in some good food.. ;) ..Take care of yourself... :) jade
  • Best wishes and a speedy recovery. :*
  • Thanks all for the replies and good wishes :X
    Yesterday I had a appt to be cleared by the PCP. Now today I go for pre op testing. Leaving at 8am uggh I) I) I) ;)
    She said 3-4 hrs , I said " huh, what, come again" :/ I said never in my life of any surgery has pre op been that long :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    It was orginally 10:15am but faxed down my work and noted I was in pain if they could rush things along. Welll I will NICELY remind them again when I get there or they can give me a bed to wait it out in, cause the chair ain't goin to cut it for that long :D Plus HELLOOO can't get up and walk around or I cause more pain. So again I will NICELY tell them to get things ALONG FASTER :D :D No reason for it to be that long for any surgery, thats just plain old silly :O) :O) :O)
    Bidded on all my sleep shirts. Now just need sockies and some scrub pants. <:P
    Thanksgiving won't bother me much. I don't eat alot and well then the turkey makes you tired and you fall asleep anyway =)) =))

Ok will update again Sunday on this post O:) :* >:D< :*
    You all to get feeling better while I'm gone, or I will do some kicking of butts when I get back :B =)) :H ;)
  • I really hope this is the end of one phase and the begining of your new lease of life!
  • Hey Girly!!!

Well I see you finaly have a date set! i will be lighting a candle for you and saying some prayers for a good surgery and recovery!!
    You always amaze me how you keep your attitude up and in good spirits....I have been through a lot, but it has always been difficult for me to keep in good spirts so I really do admire that about you.
    I think it also makes for a better healing process. You just seem to carry yourself so gracefully through it all!
    Roll with it girl!

Sorry I have not been on in a while....lots going on around here!
    Hugs hugs hugs...soft ones of course....
    Chrissy
  • THANKS! your all awesome in my book.
    Yes Im strong etc, but I do have my bad days O:) O:) Your all just as STRONG >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
    Post op testing on a spiney is torture ~X( ~X( 9:30-11:45 in a chair. I finally climbed up on the bed for the 2nd exam, and laid there till they were ready to do the blood work. AWESOME AWESOME HOSPY, but they need to change their policy in the pre op testing for sure.
    They said Monday I would get a gown, all the fun stuff that goes along, go to a separate room talk to the anthesitolgy group and get comfy medssssssssss I) I) I) I) 8} 8} YIPEEEEE =D> <:P Then the O.R. Only the 2 major hospys do that around here, the rest well so much to be said about them. L)

So all should be fine. Of course I'm sore and cranky so don't let me fool ya'all image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> =))
    Chantix is going WELL <:P

Hope you all are having a good night O:) It's FREEZING here (8) (8) (8) (8)

Lots of love
    Terri
    xoxox :X :*
  • I hope your surgery goes well and a speedy reovery is wished for you. Healing thoughts towards you on Monday. We'll all be thinking of you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Terri, sounds like things are moving along. Can't wait to see you back and doing better. I'll catch up with you on the weekend. Got to go to work in like 8 hours, yuck! >:D< :* >:D< :* Cali-Sue
  • tonya your right almost!!!!
    I am so very EXCITED, scared everything mixed in all together.
    I just tried walking to the mail box and OMG! The pain was more intense then any back pain I'v had. Thats saying alot. When it feels like there is a knife being put through each of your legs OMG AGAIN! I said I really need the surgery and soon. It will feel like a new person inside my body.

I will walk a marathon through the incision pain and staples so that I can get back home to my family!!!
    As much as I LOVE IV meds and their awesome food, I still want to be home by Thurs =)) =))
    I am WOMAN hear me ROAR <:P <:P

I hope your all having a good day. If your not and your suffering in pain, REMEMBER this to shall pass......

• Here's to a new and improved body accompanying your beautiful head home. You are one strong cookie and are in my prayers!

Cath
advertisement