Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 more question about my hobby

Shine OnSShine On Posts: 87
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I love to make jewelry, which unfortunately, requires me to bend my neck down - NO CAN DO!!!!! Prior to my surgery I had to do it on a limited basis. I was thinking if I could find something "raised" so that I wouldn't have to bend my neck, or at least as much. Does anyone know of anything out there? I could probably rig something up with my husbands help but I was hoping a company made this type of thing...any ideas? Thanks to all!!!! I hope everyone is having a pain free day ;)
advertisement

Comments

• i hope your recovery is going going to be a speedy one for u. maybe your husband could put together some kind of a raised platform to elevate your work area to about your chin. that way u wouldnt have to try to look down to do your hobby. that is pretty much what i do since i cant move my neck but only a few degrees in any direction. it might be as simpleas lowering your chair, but with your surgery only a day ago, u might have to recover abit before sitting up. i hope others have a better idea for u. i will say a prayer for u also.
  • Yes like sitting on a foot stool at the kitchen table! Don't know if that would work. maybe you'd need a back support though. Just guessing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Good suggestions! I will figure something out for sure, I gotta make my jewelry :)
  • ...from Target (or Walmart, can't remember) online that raises and lowers, rolls and half of it even tilts when you want. They're made for laptop computers (I don't have one), but it has sure come in handy. It's my reading table, my bedside table, my working table and my tv tray. They're less than $100 and not bad looking.

Just an idea...
  • Cath111,
    So funny that you suggested that, my husband went out and bought me one, I got it set up and then read your post. It sounds exactly like what you are describing and I love it. I'm using it for my laptop but I can see that it will have many uses, including my jewelry making. Thanks for the help =)
  • Excellent! Sounds like you have a very smart husband. :))(

Enjoy and here's to healing!
advertisement