Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sleeping with pain.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
In 2003 I had my lower back fused: L4-5. For a number of years have experienced throbbing pain when lying down at night. I wake up in pain, and have to roll over back and forth all night long. No pain when I'm walking, and upright. Any suggestions?
advertisement

Comments

• Get a new good bed.Nothing helps like a massage before bed and the work of my mattress.I sleep well and wake up with minimal stiffness.

Cheers,G.
  • Are you on any med's? If not and you seem to be suffering from chronic pain. I also have trouble sleeping and wake up at night with pain. My doctor put me on methadone a few months ago because it is long acting so you may get better sleep. I started a few months ago and it has helped. I however dont recommend starting any opiate painkiller if you can get by without it. I was also prescribed valium to help me sleep which worked. Also there are things like ambien.

Where is your pain? If this pain has started recently maybe you have hurt yourself again in some way and need to get checked out to make sure nothing has happened.
  • Welcome to spine health!!!
    I agree mabye a new bed? OR I bought a mattress topper. It is 1 inch memory foam and 4 inches of foam. Plus I had a feather bed on top of that. Believe me it helps. Not saying that it helps everyone.

When is the last time you saw your surgeon?? Something like physical therapy could help out to.

As for meds like Johnny said, not that you would want to start them over again if your off, but mabye something for night. Like a muscle relaxer? Mabye ask your dr about that to.

I wish you the best of luck. I hear alot of people have a issue at night and not during the day. So it may be a simple as the mattress, massage or muscle relaxer. But call your dr and let them be aware of the issue, as we can only give our personal comments and not medical advice. If I could give medical advice I would be in the BAHAMAS right now !! :D =))

Hang in there
    Terri
This discussion has been closed.