Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had a Anterior/Posterior L4/L5 Fusion two days ago

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
I had an Anterior/Posterior L4/L5 Fusion two days ago in Neenah, WI. I checked into the hospital at 10:45 on Wednesday and checked out at the same time on Thursday. So far I am doing very well. I work from home and am able to already be taking care of light work responsibilites. The pain that I had in my right leg is completely gone. I am stiff in my lower back which I had expected...especially so soon after surgery. I can take 2 oxycontine pain pills every 4 hours but am only taking 1 because I don't have much pain. I slept in my bed last night for about 4 hours and then had to move to a recliner. Once I moved and took a pain pill, I slept fine for the rest of the night. Will keep you posted as to my progress.

pilotguy2003
Appleton, WI
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine=health...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support andd answer what questions we can. it is so good to read about a successful recovery. <:P please follow your doctor's orders and don't overdo! good luck and keep us posted as you progress. Jenny :)
  • Just wanted to let those interested know how well I'm doing. I had a Anterior/Posterior L4/L5 Fusion on November 19, 2008. I am self employed and was worried how long I would be unable to work. I'm happy to report that I came home from the hospital at about noon and worked for two hours at my desk in our home office the day after my surgery. I only took pain pills to help sleep and had almost no pain at all. Yesterday I had the Steri-strips removed and my incisions look great. My biggest problem is not overdoing it because I feel so good. My friends and customers can't believe I'm doing so well. I walk on a treadmill at a pretty good clip twice a day and ride our exercise bike. My doc cleared me yesterday to start using our elliptical again which I plan on starting tomorrow. Just want to get the good word out to those who are reluctant to have the surgery.
  • That's great news. I'm glad yoou're healing well. I agree with everyone else don't overdo. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement