Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hrydromyleia

dgardineerddgardineer Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I just got my MRI results for my neck and it states I have a slight buldge at C6-C7 and it says "on one of the axial t-2 series, there is a very subtle tiny bright signal intensity in the central aspect of the cord from C6-C7 vertebrae which may represent visualization of the central canal of the cord, probaly not representing any signifigant hydromyelia,although usually the central canal is not visualized.The finding is extremely subtle even on the series which it is visalized and it is not seen on any other series.There is no cord widening or other intrinsic cord lesionsuspected.The cranicervical junction is normal with no evidence of any chiari malformation.

I know that you are not doctors but if anyone has any idea if this is something to worry about I don't go to the dr till 12/31 so I have a hole month to worry about yet another problem.
advertisement

Comments

• d,
    I just wanted to share with you that I have a syringohydromyelia (aka syrinx) in my cord. While I can't interpret your MRI, I can share what I have learned as it relates to me.

I have been told that unless a syrinx is growing or symptomatic, it is not a problem, but that it is a good idea to monitor it with repeat MRIs. A syrinx can be a big deal when it is large enough to interfere with cord signal. Your report uses the words "tiny" and "subtle" which should give you some reassurance. When looking at an mri, the syrinx appears as a white spot in the center of the cord, which is what it sounds like the radiologist is describing. However, I've heard that physicians sometimes order repeat mris to make sure that it wasn't just some artifact showing up on the film.

Try not to worry too much. I have made the mistake of getting my reports and worrying about what the report says only to find out that the doctor didn't feel it was anything to serious at all. Remember that radiologists are trained to note anything that is not perfect and so they put down everything that could potentially be a concern. This way it is brought to the doctor's attention and the doctor can make a determination if there is any further evaluation necessary.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!