Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pullingn teeth

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,202
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Water Cooler
15 minutes ago i got my first ever tooth pulled..hmmm spray funny smell...SLOBBER MOnSteR!!! then the shots. but...........
it was a non event, told said dentist of neck issues, the sound effects were the worst part...?
thats it
nodding of sage head...
are you sure?
smile and again the nodding of said saintly sage head...
hmmm too many horror story, not nuff reality, but wait...
time for funny talk, more slobber,
es todo..
kinda like getting a lick at school, the more you think on it the worse it grows, we'll see what up tomorrow.
advertisement

Comments

• Hopefully, it will be OK. I had wisdom teeth pulled years ago and I remember gargling with warm salt water and it seemed to help some.
    I used to have good teeth. Now I have all kinds of teeth problems. I have a toothache or 2 now. I had a root canal done twice on the same tooth and it still hurts. The word extraction was mentioned to me..What?..I did all this to save this tooth and it was not cheap..I guess I'll make an appt after the holiday and see what's next :SS jade
  • It's terrible to lose a tooth other than wisdom teeth. take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dang! it was not as bad as i thought it would be, I said a Hail Mary, and asked the good lord above to make it easy... my hair is still sizzling from the rapid response to a prayer. still in all, i wouldnt want to do it again, time for Ranchie to think of NO.1 for a change. thanks for the feed back! I went to the county clinic and wowsers! Ime gonna buy him a ahhh...what do you buy a dentist? ohh well a christmas card for sure!
    PS. the toothache was about a 3 as far as others have told me, but it wasnt touched by a 10/500 I hope there is resolution for you toothpain! take care of yourself, you've earned it right?
  • I need my teeth worked on. :''( I have four crowns, two bridges and no bottom teeth on both sides, only lower front teeth. The crowns are twenty two years old and are only supposed to last for fifthteen.

I'm trying to find a dentist i can afford. :S

There are not many choices where i live for the low income people. Oh well, that's life!

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • I can fully appreciate where your coming from! The trip cost me 7.00,the last of my fall tuition. it was the county clinic,it was really painless,but weird with all the noise coming through the bone conduction..luck to ya on the work!
  • hope the tooth has healed..I just had a temporay crown put on and the dentist was talking codes to his assistant. So when I go back for the crown, I will get a complete list of all the dental problems.
    I am dreading this visit as I know that it will be more teeth than I want as the dentist was talking about this tooth number, that tooth number, and on and on. And I know it will not be cheap. My latest crown cost over $500 and that is a discount.. :jawdrop: jade
  • There a was dental school in the town i moved from and they only charge half what a regular dentist does and there was a dentist who would allow a person the make payments. That's the service i'm looking for here in MO.

Since i do not drive and have no car anywho i need to find someone close by. That's what i get for moving to a small town. :S

• Is there no dental colleges around? Or the town is really small? Shame they're looking even advertising for people to get teeth cleaned & fixed. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I called around and the nearest is in another town so far away and since i do not drive and do not have the money to pay someone to take me there, I'm screwed!! :''(

I ask Medicaid about it and they do everything but what i need and the only people who get it free or low cost are children 21 and under and they are thinking about stopping that or making them pay!

Budget cuts you know!

• One of my crowns broke off at the gum line! :''( :''( :''( It happened Sun. night around 10 PM. I found a dentist who took me right a way and gave me a script for an absess(spelling?). Anywho it has to be cut out on Jan. 5th. I am so dredding this............... :''(

Evelyn :''(
  • bummer on the tooth breaking off! the hole left behing from the extraction still feels weird,41 years and then a hole? I hope the pain isnt too much! And i hope the taking out goes easy too,we can hope???
  • Thank you so much. :H The big day is Monday and i don't mind saying i'm nervous. :''( You would think at 62 i wouldn't be afraid but i am. It's that BIG needle they use is more scary then the pain. Oh well, will let you know if i cry or faint!! :jawdrop:

Evelyn ;)
  • ime still getting used to where the tooth used to be, ah well. you'll be awright! the needle i was afraid of was in and out so fast, i got lucky. watch that slobber inducing spray stuff though...
  • :jawdrop: One of my neighbors wants to go with me just in case. I'm asking for alot of pain killer! :''( I don't want to shame myself in front of anyone.

• I broke my crown at the gumline and I ended up losing that tooth after spending so much money for the crown and root canal and gum trimming to fit the crown. I take a mild sedative before the dentist appt. and I do some imagery and pretend I'm laying on the beach and the water is gently wooshing up the shore and the sun feels warm. The distraction helps way better than the tv on the ceiling. Most of all I hate when the dentist asks me how things are at home, work? How are you supposed to answer with all that stuff in your mouth and numb gums? I think they get a kick out of listening to us answer! But seriously Evelyn I hope it goes well and it's not too painful. Charry
  • If you live near a dental college? Call them. You may not get the best of care since these guys just got their degrees but you will get taken care of and sometimes for free.
  • I just read your first post. I should have read all the way to the bottom before I posted.
  • I hate the dentist office. I know I have SID - sensory integration disorder or something very similar. The sounds and smells just do me in. I also do not do root canals, implants, etc. (long story, allergies, personal beliefs), so I have had one of my molars pulled. I do fine and am more careful now with the others. Going for checkups every 6 months, etc.

Hope you feel better soon,

Cheri
  • Thank you so much for caring about someone you don't even know, that makes me feel so good! O:) I never thought i was a vain person but one of the things i keep thinking about is that the missing tooth is near the front on the top. :B

Now i do not smile with my mouth open like i used to. :D They are going to do the deed at 2:30 PM so would you please keep me in mind around that time? I'm such a big baby about pain in my mouth!! :''(

Thanks again

• ya doing ok? hope your relatively pain free and resting!
  • Thank you, i am feeling better! I was afraid for nothing. The dentist was sooooooooooooooooo good and fast. I was afraid i would faint or something to shame myself! :sick:

Now i have to save up enough to have a crown and a bridge. :''(

• good for you! Ime glad everything was smooth for ya!
    i was ready to curl myself into a ball the night before, but I got lucky too in getting a great doc! Allright!
  • As it turns out one of my cousins and a neighbor uses him as well and had great things to say. =D> I look so funny with the tooth missing in the front. :B I guess i just have to get used to it. :D Hope your day is going well and that you are not suffering. :)

• I got a fake, looks real tooth orthotic. It hooks on your other teeth. It's a one tooth denture, but you can't eat with it on. :( But it's good for display It wasn't as much as a bridge or implant and was cheap until you can afford a bridge etc. Charry
  • Please tell me more about this tooth. Should i just call the dentist or maybe you can give me info.? Thanks for telling me about it. I'm so glad there is another way to do this.

• Yes your Dentist has to make it or a denturist. Ask how much it is. It's just a denture that looks like your tooth and hooks on with a wire. Don't know if you can get it so the wire doesn't show. I think if you go for the bridge they have to do a root canal on the other tooth it is joined to. I thought we had a hygienist here at spine health maybe she would know more. You have to ask your dentist anyways how much it is. I think I may go for a bridge when I have money. Charry
  • Thanks a mill Charry! :H
  • It's been a little over a week and the tooth is coming along ok. I have to remember not chew on that side. :''( I researched prices for a replacement, man, it's just too much money! :jawdrop:

Evelyn :D
advertisement