Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Movement and Scs as well as replacement parts questions :)

MortusMMortus Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Pain Management
:H I just got my perm ScS implant as well just a few days ago. they used a large paddle lead and the boston scientific plus. its tons better then even the trial was and that alone made a big difference, It only took 10 years of pain after a failed fusion to get it too :) buuuuut anyway what i was wondering is when i lean forward the stim is a lot less, and when i lean back it gets a lot stronger. I imagine thats from the lead moving away from my spinal cord. What i was wondering is that as time goes by and i heal more and more does that range where it goes away and comes back lesson over time? does the lead more heal into place and move with you? Like i said ive been home just a few days so i still have yet to even go back and get my staples taken out. thanks for the help
advertisement

Comments

• :))( sorry, i also wanted to ask, has anyone broken there charger or remote after the warranty? does Insurance pick up the tab for a new one? i mean its not exactly like you can hit up radio shack for a replacement :). anyone have any idea on the cost of them? and NO i didnt break mine in the first week =)) was just a question.
  • Congratulations on getting your new SCS. I've had mine for over 6 months now and it is positional and the doc said that it always will be. It has settled some as the leads scarred in, but I can "adjust" the stimulation based on different movements.

"C"
  • thats kind of what i was thinking, as the scare tissue formed around it it would lessen the loss of the stim as i bed .
  • In the beginning, the only time I was getting noticable changes my stimulation is when I laid flat on my back. I had convinced myself that it was a result of the direct pressure on my back.

Since I started aquatic therapy it surprised me to find out that when I float on my back in the pool, where there's no direct pressure, I get the exact same increase in stimulation. Strange and unexpected things we learn, as life goes on. :?
  • I was told to expect positional change in stimulation with the cervical SCS since the neck moves in so many different directions. Thoracic and lumbar SCS stimulation isn't as positional according to my doc.

One thing that I found is that anything I do that changes the inrathecal pressure, ramps up the stimulation.

Floating in the pool, even though you are being supported, gravity still wants to pull everything downwards. So it would still be like lying in bed.

Life is definitely strange, but today it is good.

"C"
advertisement