Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Progress at last

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Went to hand clinic with OT's at local hospital. Prior to taking my history the OT explained they did not usualy take GP ref/s, however had noted that I have OA and thought they would call me in. Gave my history, at various stages she asked"and you were not referred to the Inflamed Joint Clinic?" Always the answer was no. She was far from pleased at this.

After assessing my hands she made me up sleeping splints and provided working splints. She wants me to ask my GP to examine my L thumb as she thinks I may have trigger finger and would then need to be refered to Orthapeadics for injections.

She advised me that the Rheumy that I saw has retired and gave me the two names of the ones presently in post to ask my GP to refer me to one of them. The OT will refer me to the Inflamed Joint Clinic while awaiting the Consultants referal. She advises that at this clinic I would see the most suitable person at any given time, the Rheumy, R/nurse, physio,OT, or Podiotrist.

Oh my goodness, at last! I feel now, at last I am getting somewhere and that they will see me as a whole person, rather than constantly send me from clinic to clinic for various different things to do with my OA. I got my 1st Cervical collar in 1982 and have been seen by various clinics over the last periods, as I am big on keeping good movement in my joints they have more or less patted me on the back then ignored me unti the shock find of the oesteophyte at C5/6 which has led to permanent damage to muscles and relexes on my arms.

Only downside to the day being, I telephoned NS's sec, no date as yet for my op.
advertisement

Comments

• I glad that someone has taken an interest in helping you out as "a whole person". What a wonderful gift. Keep us posted.

"C"
  • I know how it feels to finally find someone who actually LISTENS to your WHOLE story....I found that rheumatologist this past May, and it has been amazing. It feels like you can actually move ahead with your life because someone takes you seriously, doesn't it?

I'm so glad to hear you're finally getting somewhere, and I hope the next Rheumy continues to listen and provide you with the care you need!!

Tracy
  • Just like C and Tracy, I am pleased to hear that someone has taken such an interest in helping you.

It is so important to be validated. Good for YOU!

Keep us posted, okay?

Jeaux