Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back..Having much hardware removed...scared 2 death...screws breaking NOW!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all. I am new obviously, please forgive me for having no spell check working first off! :S
My name is Eren, I am a female 28yrs old. I have had back issues my whole life it seems? During my 8yr old girls birth is when it started getting worse. I had a full spinal block and still felt every bit of it! The doctor said it was back labor and there was nothing more they could do! Kira when she came out was breaking my back. A few years passed. My back pain got worse. If I held anything of significant weight I lost feeling from my knees down. I would fall like a sack of tattas. My feet are "ALWAYS" freezing.
Many doctors turned me away thinking I was just out for pain meds or attention! Finally I went to a Dr. In springfield, who I just love BTW. A lil French Dr.,Dr. Freitag. He looked at my X rays. Did a EMG... <-- that kinda sucked! But found out indeed I did have a few nerves pinched...and have degenetate disk..."AND BONES"..."My bones have always broke very easy since a child...walking alone I have broken bones in both feet, not to mention other things!" :''(
I had my first spinal fusion a few years ago! I was supposed to be able to return to work in about 8 weeks. It never happened...I am continuing to have the worst pain imaginable...Not as bad as right after the surgery...but still BAD. I take a many vicodin and morphine still to this day...Heres the reason...The Many screws they put in are sticking up and easily felt through the skin. I can feel every screw head and every rod. I have 6 screws in all. As of so far, my last Xrays showed at least 2 of them are breaking! The cadaver bone they put in as well isnt taking... The doctor said when he was chipping off excess bone it flaked right off like chalk...
So...now on Jan. 7th im supposed to have all the stuff...except the broke ones..he says he is gonna leave them instead of drilling them out! My Blood pressure dropped to 60/40 last time...nervous about that...nervous my spines gonna blow out if they remove the stuff they put in...Nervous simply as well because that surgery was THE worst thing I could have ever imagined...EVER...They say child births the worse thing in the world...BS! lol...I could have never even came close to imagining the pain that i did. I literally got kicked out of Saint Johns hospital for cursing...I remember very little of it but the pain. When they let me go, both my eyes were black as night,looked like I got beat up...all this was simply from crying 24/7. A friend of mine who visited me told me I even cried in my sleep...It felt as if the morphine pump wasnt even on. My boyfriend couldnt stand watching me in that much pain...he continued to feed me my morphine pills while in bed...as well as xanax to put me out...
It sounds bad I know and is...I guess maybe I am just a wuss and am scared what this next surgery will bring!? I want to go back to work to school to anything! Please anyone with any kind of info on this let me know...ever greatfull... :jawdrop: :SS
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry your are suffering such chronic pain. :''( what condition are you in now? have you thought about seeing another doctor who would remove the screws for you? :? it seems like this would be a main point of your upcoming surgery! :T please have a look around and make yourself at home. i hope to see you around the forums. take a look at the "Back and Neck surgery" forum for more input. good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • I really have no info for you but I did want to welcome you and offer you support. I know that this must be very scary with all that you have been through already. Please take a look at the surgery threads here. I am sure that you will find lots of others that have gone through hardware removal. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • I would get as many opinions as possible for this delicate surgery. I'm sorry you have to go through this pain. I hope you can find another Dr. to help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • added xray pic to profile so can see whats going on, everything moving around and breaking now :<
  • I wish I had something to say to make you feel better. So sorry this has happened to you, and you are still a young woman. I had back labor with my firstborn for 32 hours and I totally relate. I hope the doctor is able to clear up that debris and the screws in your back. We'll be thinking of you and supporting you all the way. Take care >:D<
  • thanks. im scarred Sh#% less.... :''( scarred more this time around maybe cause i know how bad it was last time...everyone says its better when they are removed than put in...but still...i always seem to get the crap end of the stick so.....lol...oh well im being a baby i know... :P cant help it! :S thanks >:D<
advertisement