Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sacroiliac joint pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am 9 months out from 2 level fusion (L4-5,L-5S1) and now I am having severe sacroiliac joint pain..it is almost inacpapctiating me. Does anyone else have this problem and what are they doing for it.
advertisement

Comments

• HELLO AND WELCOME :Hello buckyd

I have a question about your sacroiliac joint pain. I always get pain in mine also. I tell the doctors and they just never look into it. I guess they think its from my disc herniations. in my lumbar spine. is there a test for this area? Where your diagnosis just in the sacro joint? or does it mean bad sciatica? I get really bad sciatica but never had surgery et for my problem. trying every other resource first.

I wish i could help you moe with your answer, there are many people with this problem and had same surgery that will be along soon to help.

mean while search the conditions link above and use the search engine to find your answer faster.

again welcome
  • I am unfortunately 4 yrs experiecing this tearmaking, life breaking pain.

I finally found a surgeon who gets it.

There is a simple function test
    you can do your self which point right to SI joint dysfunction.

Lay on you back, raise both you knees to 90 degree, then cross over one leg bring ankle over to opposite knee, if you are to do that, might be non indicator,,,but in that position have someone lean and put pressure on your pelvic bone, if extereme pain comes, you have a SI joint that is moving around too much due to major muscle sprain or tear.

I have had alot dealt with this. If you would like to PM I will be happy to offer you more detailed discussions.