Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve neck pain, cant lay flat, please help very worried

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey guys here is my story.
About one month ago I got some pain in my neck from lifting a box from the car. After about a week it disappeared thanks to some anti inflammatories. I went back to badminton and the next day was in extreme pain in my neck with a nerve pain down my arm. I had to take strong prescription pain killers to sleep as I couldn’t lie down. Over the last three weeks the pain and muscle spasms stopped but my index finger on my left hand went numb and I get pain down my arm when I lie back.
When I wake in the morning I have extreme pain down my arm, aching in the shoulder and a light tingling in my other arm and left leg, also i am light headed and week in the legs. There is a point on the back of my neck which is extremely painful to touch. Even a light brush with a finger causes pain. I can’t lie down and although the pain has gone the nerve pain hurts. I am resorting to sleeping upright!
I have had an x ray which was fine and am awaiting an mri scan. My concern is that i cam causing damage to myself by lying down. I am really concerned about this!

Any help appreciated

Gino
advertisement

Comments

• I actually get relief when I lay down. Not to sure about that one.

When are you do for an MRI. This will definately show what is going on here.

Your symptoms do sound like a disk bulge or herniation.

Cindee
  • I would tell the Dr. about the numbness and feeling lightheaded. That's something that needs to be checked out. Hope everything is alright with you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN