Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No one understands unless they have experienced it

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
I have been receiving emails from this website for about 5 months, I guess I signed up to help me mentally. I have had chronic pain for many years, it started back in 1995-96, I didnt pay much attention back then to what was about to become the horror of every night and sometimes days of my life. I know this is going to be a long story but for some reason I feel a bit liberated by telling whomever wants to read it. I am now 43 years old, I live and breathe severe pain in my lower back, especially my right hip and leg. It is more painful for me to lay down than in any other position. So my sleep has been so disrupted for more than 14 years now. There have been times when I have been to the doctor, (many different kinds over the years) and have reached the point of just asking for some kind of sleeping medicine, because the Vicodin, Flexeril, and a multitude of other meds just dont cut the mustard. I have a medicine cabinet full of these, that I never finished because they never even touched the pain, I did take the anti-inflamatory meds as perscribed. So when I was 41, 2years ago.. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown due to the pain and most of all not being able to get any sleep! I was referred to a Pain Management Doctor, who quickly scheduled me for a series of 3 bi-weekly treatments of injections. No not steroids..it was some form of him inflating my discs L1/2 & L3/4 with some kind of gel. Well 4 treatments later (over 2 months) I was cured, couldnt wait to go home in the middle of the day and go to sleep! I was great for 2 months, then I was back to square 1! Which the DR. said COULD happen. I need someone out there to at least correlate the pain and frustration, someone to say that they have been in such severe, debilitating pain that they thought they would mentally go crazy. I have so much more to say, and I am so tired right now, I could keep going on and on but not very confident that I could be literate, I should have been asleep many hours ago (in a normal world) but I cannot lay down anymore due to the pain and mental stress! Am I going crazy? Can anyone relate? Wow I just realized how long this is...sorry.
Missy mmoore65@hotmail.com
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya >:D< Welcome To Spine Health >:D< Firstly i want to say you are not alone :) We understand your pain and frustrations >:D< Have you had any surgery at all ? :? what other medication are you on? :? Have you ever had any PT(physio) :S Missy, i was in hospital on friday :SS I had the facet joint injections :S At the moment each day the pain feels worse :( , i have lost the feeling in my toes on the left side(i have been told this can happen) :S , my sides and hips feels like ive been kicked by an horse :''( The doctor said i had more problems than he thought in the L2/L3/L4/L5/S1... :SS I knew it was worse because of the pain :''( , Waking up with my back in complete spasm at night :''( i have been having catnaps an hour here and there. I) Unless people we know experience this kind of pain :? , they cant even begin to understand our pain :SS :''( Keep your chin up :) , we are all here for you >:D< you can message me anytime you want to. >:D<

Angie :H >:D<
  • I have had fibromyalgia for about 15+ years. I recently had an MRI and was told that I have nerve impingement and bulding disc.? and something to do with narrowing of the ? sheath that holds nerves. I don't understand all this but I had to fill out a lot of papers about my pain. and read a lot of papers on opiate thearpy. I was told that one dr. wanted me to have an epidural injection of some kind. I am to say the least a little SCARED.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i hope you find some comfort being around other people who are suffering as you are. >:D< i wonder why you haven't tried a pain pump? they are a last resort for many people here and they have found much needed relief. there is a "Sleep Problems" forum you might want to drop by. I) it can make a long night less lonely. i hope to see you around the forums and maybe in a better frame of mind from speaking to other forum members!! feeling alone can make the pain so much worse!! Jenny :)
  • You are definitely not alone in your journey. Have you tried the long acting opiates? I also went through 3 years of different drugs and procedures that worked for a short time. I now take opiates and have been able to get some quality of life back. Also, have you tried to position yourself as comfortably as possible in a recliner to get some sleep? I have talked to some people here that say that is the only way that they do get sleep. I am so sorry that you have suffered for so long with little to no relief. Does your PM doc have any suggestions for the next thing to try?
  • I just noticed your post here. You will probably get much more response if you start your own post by clicking Post Topic at the top of this page. Most of us have been the injection route and some have had success. I know that it is scary but just imagine how well worth a few minutes of being uncomfortable will be if it eases your pain. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • You're not the only one as you can see already! I have had pain for only 10 months and off work too and I can barely walk, lift anything or have any kind of life outdoors or sitting down. I felt very down not unlike yourself, and needed more pain meds so I told my Dr. the med stops working 4 hours after taking it and it's supposed to last 12 hours. She doubled my meds and I still have pain but not so bad that I wanted to give up.

I've got a new hobby, bird watching from the window! We have bluejays, gold finchs, cardinals, brown doves. So I have that hobby and I do some ancestor research online. I hope you take time for yourself Miss Priss and find something you enjoy doing. And I hope the injections help and you get some pain control and get something to help you sleep if your Dr. orders it.... Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement