Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI Joint Syndrome, Prolotherapy but still suffering nerve pain,Help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
HI Guys

I'm a 49 year old male with a five year history of sciatic pain. The pain corresponds with the S1 nerve path apart from a small area in the front of my left thigh.
Due to my symptoms it was thought there was a problem with L5-S1 disc but after all conservative methods failed and a discectomy proved unsuccessful, I had an L5-S1 fusion via the Axialif method last October.
Still no joy, the nerve pain remained the same, however from the moment I woke from surgery I was aware of a lot of ligamnet pain from the Sacro-illiac joint, having already done some research on SI joint syndrome I decided to have a course of Prolotherapy which has completely stopped the joint pain but as of yet the nerve pain has not improved.
My question are these;

1)Has anyone had a similar experience with SI joint syndrome and had success with prolotherapy or some other method?
2)Has anyone had experience with this type of nerve pain and found a different reason for it. (Apart from nerve root tension, herniated disc etc)
3) Has anyone out there ever had their SI Joint fused, and if so what was the success?

Hope you guys can help.

Regards

Rob
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi! :H have you tried any of the new nerve pain medications like Lyrica that are available now? i take it for sciatic pain in my left leg and hip and it has helped alot. =D> talk to your doctor if you are interested. good luck! Jenny :)
  • I found that the rhizotomies were the ONLY thing that eased my SI joint pain and nerve pain substantially, and I think you've been that route! The prolo helped me out temporarily, but it was the rhizotomy and lots of steroid injected into the SIJ that made the difference for me.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with that.

Tracy