Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not sure what to do?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had to have a quad by pass on april 23rd 2008.When i became fully aware of what was going on around me .I told the nurse and my family that something was wrong.After 8 weeks of recovery my surgeon did a scan and told me he saw something not right in chest . My family dr then ordered a MRI.The MRI showed 2 herniated disc I then went to a nurosurgeon he wouldn't do any thing until he got a neck MRI .When that come back i have 3 herniated disc in my neck. He then did the injections in my thorasic . But it didn't help so he wanted to set date for surgery. I went to diffrent dr because i got real bad with my neck and that dr wouldn't see me till appointment. This dr wants to do therapy [I start mon dec 1 st]. He wants to do injections if therapy dont work then surgery if injections don't work.Problem is i just stared choking over thanksgiving holiday. Is this normal to have a choking sensation.This is really scary.

nannypoo45456
advertisement

Comments

• I would definitely call your heart Dr. first just to make sure everything is okay first. Then you could see if the injections help. I would definitely get any clearance for any proceedure run by the Cardiologist first. Even a trip to the ER. I'm not a Doctor just concerned since I don't know side effects of herniated cervical discs. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That is a tough one.

I had ACDF 5-6-7 in July of 05. This was after doing therapy for 1 1/2 years and then a series of 3 Cervical injections.

One mistake I made in therapy was continueing even though my symptoms were getting worse.

If they try traction and you have an increase in symptoms at all do not continue to do this. I ended up with another disk bulge at the 4-5!

Is this a surgeon that is suggesting therapy?

Cindee
  • You should tell your doctor right away about your choking. I don't think I've heard of that one before. You should go with the recommendation of the doctor that you feel best with. I know I like the Dr. who did my surgery. I went through with surgery only because I knew that he was doing the right thing for me. That's the most important part. I don't know much about thoracic pain. What surgery is he suggesting to you and did you ask this other dr. why he wanted to try therapy first? Maybe he sees something the other doesn't. I would ask bunches of questions. But the choking thing needs to be dealt with right away.
  • sorry to hear about your health troubles. I hope you are over your bi-pass now?

Trust the doctors here...your breathing and heart issues have to be priorities over your neck and back. Make sure the cardiologists give you the green light for any other surgery.

Also, if you were in my family, I'd get that choking checked out. Hopefully it was nothing.
    Take care.
advertisement