Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back surgery-Not sure what to do

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi folks,
I've seen a few physicians lately concerning my spinal stenosis and sinovial cysts. I have received a variety of treatment options and I'm not sure which way to go. I have been told a few times that I need a spinal fusion at L4-5, with a laminectomy. The neurosurgeon says a laminectomy alone will do the trick and that I don't have time to time having the cysts aspirated, as I may continue to suffer more nerve damage. I'm haveing trouble with my left foot.
My questions are--is it worth trying to have the cysts aspirated? If I go with the laminectomy alone, can I go back for the fusion at a later date. Your input would be most appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we have a member here who just had a procedure done to remove his synovial cysts. i hope he will drop by and give you some first hand information. :? you don't want to even go near having permanent nerve damage. asking questions and getting all your answers is the best way to have a successful procedure or not! :? i am sure some other members will drop by to answer some of your questions as well. check out the "Back and Neck Surgery" forum for more input. good luck! Jenny :)
  • Yes, there is a member here that would probably be able to give you insight since he just had that surgery. I am sure that he will pop in anytime and give you some info. Good luck and please keep us posted.