Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

can we get a charity to adopt us?

hopeless-in-mnhhopeless-in-mn Posts: 206
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Matters of the Heart
just a thought here.....
i've noticed that there are a lot of spineys that are having financial difficulties due to aour pain, and limitations.
i keep seeing adds for different charitable groups, and the people that they help, and wonder why not us too?
are we not deserving as well?
and where can we go to recieve such assistance?

8> 8> :? :/ O:) 8> :D

anyone with ideas or suggestions on this???

happy holidays...
dawn
advertisement

Comments

• but as "back pain" per say is so damn common and so many ppl milk it, i suspect we wouldn't get too far. Shame cos I reckon there is real milage in genuine cases....

That remark is not meant to offend anyone btw. Just makes me so mad in the real world the total lack of understanding and support we have on a daily basis.

The lady in the high heels and with a huge shopping bag complaining about her sore back. Not doing the rest of us any favours!!
  • There are resources out there for people with pain and chronic pain. I don't know exactly what they can do to help, but it's certainly worth researching.

National Pain Foundation
    www.nationalpainfoundation.org

American Pain Foundation
    www.painfoundation.org

American Chronic Pain Association
    www.theacpa.org

At the very least, there are some support areas there, as well as doctors that are members who understand pain much better than those that aren't members.

I have only had dealings with the National Pain Foundation, as they were a client of mine back in the day. The president, Pat (cant remember her last name) is very, very sympathetic to people in pain and has worked very hard to have doctors on the board and referral list that understand what we go through.
  • ..Say a lottery or a kitty or something? Like,we all pitch in and maybe quarterly (every 3 months or so) someone wins the kitty :)))

Wouldn't that be cool?

I was thinking it might help with lifting peoples spirits,giving hope and just a general 'good' feeling to all of the people pitching in and then of course the winners would feel great :D

I'll go first~ :))(
  • I'm for some financial support for us too, lot's of dead ends for those of us who need it. There would need to be regulation for people who REALLY need it and can show some medical proof....like Drs. diagnosis, surgery proof, etc. Let's not make it like the WC horror stories of goons coming around and filming us and breaking in to our homes though. I wonder too, how many people milk the system, and what proof do we have that anyone doesn't need help as bad as us. I know I've been suspected by lots, including work, friends, and family that just don't have any clue and won't even listen. Those that have no idea what Chronic pain means. What can I do to help us spineys get some financial support here? It's no worse that the major US Auto manufacturers flying to Washington in their private jets and asking for a bail-out!
  • You took the words right out of my mouth. I think that those of us who could help would definitely do so if we could just figure out how to do it right. There is so much need right here amongst this group so how can we help each other besides all of the emotional support that we offer each other every day. It doesn't even have to be a lottery. I think maybe the moderators could be the ones who oversee it. We do this at work. We all donate money to a foundation that we founded to help out employees and their families during times of financial need. Now you have me thinking. :?
  • thank you robin...

you put another perspective on what i was talking about!

i knew that if i posted something, we spineys could put our minds together and come up with something!--so how about it moderators--any thoughts on this considering you have been nominated to oversee the project???

dawn
  • ....and the other half to to a winner here.A fund~and we could call it something neat..like 'The Pain Pool' or something-something to ease our lifes pains and stressors and I think only the people that pitch in should be able to get a chance to win? Or is that wrong? We would need rules and stuff.Ideas anyone?But not too many rules-no need to take the fun out of it.I think it sounds like fun.

Surely a paypal can be set up for this ?
  • what do you think?

any one else?

please help us to help each other!

thx...dawn
advertisement