Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 months post op...ACDF C5-6, 6-7...feeling bad

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
OK, up until last week, I was doing pretty good on my recovery but this past week, I've been experiencing numbness and tingling like I had prior to surgery. I haven't called the DO's office...yet. I have my 6 month check up on January 5th.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If so, did it go away? Is this part of the on going recovery? I'm a little frustrated now since it started.

advertisement

Comments

• I haven't had surgery but try to get checked out before the holidays to make sure everything is going as it should be. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Don't panic just yet. I've heard from too many people that have had their symptoms return after surgery. However, if it is troubling you so then you should call your doctor and just let him/her know that you are bothered by it. Nerves are a funny thing. One day my fingers are fine the next they tingle. My doctor has told me that nerve damage can take up to a year to heal. I see that you're not there yet but far enough out that I would talk to the doc. Just know that it happens to a lot of people.
  • hey jeff

i had all kinds of symptoms and still do. i had tingling in my left hand then right foot then left foot then back.

i have found that since i started walking to get some cardio in these symptoms have subsided or are getting better.

my ns told me that if 18-24 months passes and the numbness is there it will most likely stay there.

i would not worry too much as mentioned above. i have heard from many people here that symptoms come and go.
  • I appreciate the comments. I guess it just got me a little worried.

Have a call in to the DO, when I hear something, which should be Friday, I'll update everyone.
  • Sorry you are not feeling the best. If you are like me you just want to put all of this behind you and move on, but your body just won't let you. It is true that nerves take a long time to heal, and any change in symptoms causes us to worry. I hope things are okay for you. I do know that the nurse in my doctor's office told me that many patients have a problem around the 4-5 month mark and then do fine from there on out. Hopefully this is just normal stuff going on, and your nerves are just letting you know that they are still alive.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement