Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

grin to hip pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
Four the lat 11-12 monts i have been having stabbing from groin to hip breath taking pain and a constant burning sensation in my left hip it radiates sometimes down to my ankle. I have had MRI & CT and they cant find disc problem outside of degenerative problem. I have tried injection and no reliefe. Anyone else have this problem and what did they call it, I am looking for help!

Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Did they try anything on the sacroilliac area? It also could be nerves.

Best of luck with finding a cause and solution to your pain problems.
  • Hiya >:D< Welcome to Spine Health :) I hope You find this site helpful :) , as it is full of information both medically and personal. :? I have a simular pain to that :''( . The burning pain you have is nerve pain :S . The pain that radiates down your leg into your ankle is also nerve pain :S , its also called reffered pain :| Which side is it on ? :/ Do you take any medication ? :/ Do you have any pain in you bum? :/ I have based my answer on my personal experience, as i am not medically trained :)

Angie :H
  • They firt thought it was bursitus and had "P-R-P" transfer and they never help. Had it done 2 differant times 5 months apart. I would have thought as many test thsy have done they would have ruled out sicaroillac. SOme times it has bem climbing the walls. Cant get ~X( The las thing they decided was them membrain between the joint is gone. Dones this sound right? and would it cause this much pain?

Months!! #o :''(
  • Welcome to S~H :H

I have really bad hip pain,but mine is bursae.I've had injections and they worked like magic-no pain at all for 6 weeks..I mean NO pain,then after about 6 wks it has been coming back very slowly until now it is starting to get pretty bad.Not as bad yet as it was though and I'm not getting more injections until it gets super bad.Sometimes the pain does shoot down the front of my legs and when I stand up once in a while my legs feel as though they are going to collapse,but without the pain.

I don't think that ALL of my symptoms are related to the bursae,but I do believe that my dx was accurate at that time for the symptoms of pain that I related to my PM.

Also I would like to add that I have degenerative disc issues as well,and had no relief at all from the many ESI's that I have had in my cervical area.

I believe that not all Drs look for an accurate diagnoses,but only treat symptoms.Perhaps you could discuss with your Dr your desire to know what it is that is actually causing your pain as he/she may not realize how important it is to you.If your doc can't dx you maybe he/she can refer you to a specailist?
  • alumbaugh,

I would've thought they would check sacroilliac too but my ortho never did before surgery and now after surgery and still in pain, the PM doc thinks I am having trouble in that area. MRI shows SI looks ok though. What is P-R-P? I too have pain in my hips and down the side of my leg starting from my hip. It burns, throbs, stabbing pain or just achy all the time. Ortho said maybe bursitis over 1yr ago before he did surgery. He never really said what could be done to treat it. I think he was hoping it would go away after fusion.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.