Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scar Tissue

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
Can scar tissue attatch itself to organs? :/ Can you get pain from scar tissue? Can it buldge? I would appreciate any input :) , Thankyou >:D<

Angie :H
advertisement

Comments

• My doctor said yes to all those question you just asked. Scar tissue did alot of damage to my ex-husband, PM me if you want to hear the details.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • Scar tissue attached to my spine at the L4 nerve root so I would assume it could attach to any where especially after surgery.
  • On Thursday when I had the SCS trial procedure, the entire reason it was an absolutely agonizing experience was that scar tissue prevented the surgeon from easily threading the lead up the epidural space. They do the entire procedure under fluoroscopy, but couldn't see the scar tissue. Each time he pushed the lead, it pulled on the scar tissue, which was likely wrapped or attached to a nerve root. Torture is a mild word to describe how it felt.

The programmer says that if I go forward, the neurosurgeon who would do the final placement surgery may go in and clean out some of the scar tissue first OR may decide I need paddle leads, which are implanted differently. Don't know yet.

The only problem is - surgery to remove scar tissue will cause it's own scar tissue. Sometimes it can be a losing battle.

I'm "turning the page" on that page because the relief from the spinal cord stimulator is so amazing. Never thought it could happen!! We'll see what the future holds!

Cheri
  • I am glad that the trial seems to work out for you, even though the pain you have to go through. I know that feeling. I had exactly the same experience when the doc tried to do a myelogram and couldn't because the scar tissues are blocking all the entries to the spinal canal. It is tortured. But I am glad that you finally found relieve with the SCS. How long will this trial period go? When will you be placed with the permanent SCS? All the best to you.

zach
  • When i had the facet injections, one of the areas where he has injected is where i have the buldge(i am told its scar tissue) Its been 9 days since i had them done and i still cant lean backwards where the buldge is and my spine next to it feels like ive been kicked by an horse.

Angie x
  • The buldge gets bigger throughout the day, as it gets bigger my pain gets worse, thats what triggered me in asking this question. I have been left like this since i had surgery in 2003 (look on signature) The surgeon said he could not see any buldge, my GP said its the size of an orange inside me, they did a scan to rule out anything life threatening, this showed a fatty lump or a tumor, but they hospital got really awkward with me when i said about this swelling, the surgeon told me to get on with it and stop complaining to him about my pain, and he then advised me to go back to work, which i did and had to give it up in the end.

Angie x
  • that seems scary in a way. The size of an orange? Or is their fluid build up? I think I would get a new doctor - telling you to stop complaining?

If there is swelling, or fluid buildup, or scar tissue build up, I imagine it is impinging things normally not impinged, thereby causing the pain. If you have any ability to pursue this, I would. Hate to have any permanent damage or new symptoms created!

Good luck,

Cheri
  • If I had a doc who never supported me i'd be off finding a new one!
    lol!

Have the doctors actually confirmed this is scar tissue?

• yes they have said its a fatty lump :S , another said its a tumor :S , another doctor said it could be conjealed blood :/ , but what they all did say its not life thretening :) . I just think its adding to all the other problems im getting with my back :S .

• Hiya Zach, >:D< about 3 years ago my ortho surgeon sent me for an MRI and an ultra sound scan :? , because he was saying there wasnt anything there and i was imagining it :O . So thats why he sent me for those tests :S , the MRI said it was a tumor :S , and the ultra sound said it was a fatty lump :? , nothing life threatening #:S . At this time i was in agony :''( , but they sent me back out to work :D. Doing the job i was doing, i was causing more damage to my back :''( . It wasnt until my back went click and my leg went from under me :O , i couldnt walk :O , my daughter and my friend had to carry me to bed :S . There they called the doctor :? , he gave me morphine and diazapan @) , he wanted me relaxed so i wouldnt move my spine much @) .That was 2 years ago i am still on the sick, and i dont know if i will work again :( . I can only walk a few minutes before i have to sit down :( , I cant sit for to long because i go into spasm :''( , i cant lay down for long because again my back goes into spasm :''( . 2 and half weeks ago i had the facet joint injections :? , my pain has spread acroos my lower back :''( , i am in more pain, :''( i fear this time they have not worked :O .
    They have never mentioned about doing a biopsy :? , but i do think they should :?

Angie >:D< :D :H
  • Just an update :? , when i went to my GP for my monthly medication review :? , i told him that the area where i had the injections still feels sore :O . So he examined me and said it is tender and after reading my PM doctors findings :O , he said i need to see an orthopedic surgeon and have an MRI scan ASAP :O , when he was reading the letter from when i had the facet injections done :? , he said there are some serious back problems going on :( . When i asked him to elaberate on this he just said that the orthopedic surgeon will discuss everything with me and give me my options :( .He said i should hear from them in january 2009 :S . Will there ever be an end to all this! :S

• Have you found out what it is yet :/
  • How frustrating! Have you had the appointment yet?

Cheri
  • Hiya, >:D< HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2009 AND WISHING YOU GOOD HEALTH :D I will know more when i have the next MRI scan. :?

• Hiya, :D I have an appointment for the 27th of this month :? HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND GOOD HEALTH FOR 2009 >:D<

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.