Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arthritis, Degenerative Lumbar & 6 pinched nerves - please help!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I have spent the last 15 years in pain hell. Being diagnoses with everything from MS. Lupus to Arthritis. I spend each day with pain and numbness from the tip of my head to the tips of my :jawdrop: toe all on my left side. At times I think I am going crazy and do not know what to do. I am without medical insurance and am constantly in the ER because my symptoms mimic a heart attack even though I know everything is great in that area.
I have just had MRI's and finally found out that I have Severe arthritis of the left side of my neck, 6 pinched nerves with a side of degenerative lumbar disease.
I do not know what to do. How do I get through each day without fear and pain and depression. If anyone has any advice I welcome it with open arms.
:jawdrop:
Looking foward to hearing from you all.
Lioness58
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry to hear of your pain. You really will need medical care in order to deal with these issues. With proper treatment it really is possible to have a little more quality of life. Did the docs say whether or not the compressed nerves are something to be concerned about? Sometimes you need surgery to correct the problem or risk permanent nerve damage. Are you eligible for any state health programs? Do you have a teaching hospital any where close enough to you that you can get to? You can receive excellent care at most of these and they charge according to your income. I really feel that it is imperative that you find some type of affordable medical care in order to get relief. Living with chronic pain actually puts your body in such a state of stress that it does effect your heart and other organs. Depression is actually quite common in chronic pain patients. Do you have a mental health facility in the county that you live in? There are actually some drugs (like Cymbalta) that not only help your depression but also your pain. There are options out there. Give us a little more info on yourself and maybe we can help you come up with something.
    BTW- I guess that you already know about ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off in your neck?
  • SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BODY PLAYING TRICK'S ON YOU. MINE HAS FOR 10 YEARS NOW AND IT'S JUST NOT FUNNY ANYMORE. :''( I'M NOT A DR BUT KNOW ABOUT PAIN,7 HERNIATED DISC'S A PINCHED NERVE AND 7 DE GENERATING/DEGENORATED DISC'S [( MY HEAD SHRINKER SUGGESTED CYMBALTA,HE SAID IT HELP'S DEPPRESSION AS WELL AS NERVE PAIN IN SOME, :B ALSO I HAVE FOR A YEAR BEEN GOING TO A THERAPY POOL,WHICH CONSIST'S OF A 4 FT POOL #:S THE WATER IS ABOUT 88 DEGREES AND YOU DO EXERCISES THE THERAPIST'S SHOW YOU AND THAT YOU AND YOUR BODY CAN TOLERATE.IT HAS HELPED ME ALOT.SO I AM NOT PAIN FREE AND WILL NEVER BE,AND THE HLEP I GET IN THE POOL ONLY LAST'S 4 OR 5 HOUR'S :? BUT IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING AT ALL,SPRING ,SUMMER ARE BETTER MONTH'S FOR PAIN.GOOD LUCK :H

ON TO MANY MED'S
  • Is there social services that you could apply to? Or free clinics where you live? I'm in Canada so not familiar for needs of insurance to see a Dr. I hope you get some help. I find a heating pad soothing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm sorry that you are having these problems and it's difficult to get in with a spine doctor. Maybe you can check out community clinics in your area that charge a sliding scale fee. It is very important that you get in with them because you need to be treated. You can go to places like Walmart to get your medicines cheap, but they usually don't give discounts to narcotics. You sure do qualify to get a drug prescription card through different programs to help. I understand the pain you are having since I have similar conditions and have gone through 2 surgeries, last being a 2 level fusion L4-S1. I was also diagnosed with an autoimmune disease similar to lupus. Perhaps you can look into applying for Social Security, it will take around 3 years to win if you do. Do you have any family or friends that can help you out? You need all the help and support you can get.
advertisement