Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Somebody slap the back of my hand

tonya42ttonya42 Posts: 810
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
One to remind me not to try to do to much and two so that the tingling and numbness will stop. I did it to myself. WalMart supercenters should be off limits to any of us after surgery. But of course I felt super human and since I was already there decided to pick up a "few" things. $200 and a full shopping cart later I realized I couldn't feel anything but numbness and tingling in both hands. I knew better than to try to push that kind of weight around. And for anyone new out there reading this I am 2 months post op and at this point I really shouldn't have done what I have done. That was just too much weight for me to push. I know. I know. When your body says stop. It means it. So now here I am in my living room watching boring TV yet again. Instead of finishing all of my other tasks for the day. X(
advertisement

Comments

• You win the Golden Brace Award for the week! The Golden Brace Award is awarded for "excellence in going against better judgment or doctors orders, leaving one in a flare of pain or other injury specific symptoms". This award stays with each winner until such time as another individual does something outstanding to qualify for and win the award away from the previous recipient. =))

Just a joke to lighten up your day. I hope you are feeling better soon.

"C"
  • NOT! =)) I'll be giving it to someone else soon enough since I know it won't be long until I see a post who says the same thing I said. You're too funnny! And to think that I had just given up my seat to the "Recliner's Club" to someone else. Now I have to ask for it back. :D
  • I did the same thing yesterday and now Im paying for it... I just plain over did it.. so make way Ill be right next to you in the recliner..... A good movie, some popcorn and be the queens we are... LOL,, sorry you did too much.. You gotta remember your body has gone through alot,,,,
  • I was only going after new sheets. My mistake was in picking up a shopping cart on the way in the door. I should have only picked up a basket. But hindsight is 20/20. Then of course there are all of those Sale signs on every aisle so I had to check them all out. Then couldn't find pastry dough of all things. Then I decided I needed a new Pyrex dish. And it goes on and on and on. We will just stay right here in our recliners for now but I do HAVE to get more healthy by morning. I do have to get myself to work somehow. We'll just say a prayer for each other tonight. Tomorrow is a brand new day for us. If you promise to take it easy tomorrow so will I. :D
  • not gonna slap your hand. I've so btdt, just not lately. lol I hope your flare is very short-lived, but sounds you like you did enjoy yourself at Walmart! Sometimes we just get so excited when we feel better - totally normal. At least you got a lot done on that shopping list!! (Trying to look on the bright side!)

( (HUGS ) )

Cheri
  • Thank you. I do feel better looking at my new Pyrex dish. It's just too bad I didn't get to make the homemade chicken pot pie in it today. But like I said. I'm going to get up and try again tomorrow. Only this time I'll be asking my teenagers for help. I just thought for some reason I had been nominated "SuperWoman of the Day". I wasn't.
  • Online shopping is great for blowing money too but not so bad for straining yourself. And they have sheets on sale too! I hope you feel better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank you! Charry, See I had been looking online that's how I've done all of my Christmas shopping this year. But I've been a good girl and I decided that I could get a better deal in the store. Which I did. The problem now is that I will have to have my precriptions refilled this week which I was hoping I wouldn't. So if I total that in with the sheets you are absolutely right. I should have sat here in my chair and ordered the sheets online and right now I wouldn't be debating about whether or not I'm going to make it 8 hours today at work.
    Dear C,
    My beautiful funny friend. =)) Could you please help a girl out? The pain isn't gone yet. PT or no PT this week? What do you think? What else can I do besides heat?
  • I would go to PT and explain to them what you are feeling and how you are hurting and they may be able to do some e-stim or ultrasound for you to help break the pain cycle. They do have multiple tricks up their sleeves. If not, you can always just leave if you don't feel up to doing the normal PT.

And if all else fails, you can curl up in a ball under the bed covers with the lights out and door closed and try to "wish" the pain away.

"C"
  • =)) I am laughing to hard to type. I wish I could wish the pain away. I may go to PT and ask if we can do just the heat and stimulation thing they do. I did ultrasound the last time and I thought I was going to die! It sounded so good at the time but left me in real pain for 3 days. Do you think that's because they did all 3 in one session? That was the one new thing we had added.
  • Hard to say whether it was due to them trying everything at once. Run it past them and see what they say, that's what they get paid the big bucks for.

I'd better stop making you laugh or you might hurt more! Or I could try and make you laugh so hard you don't feel any pain, because you're too worried you'll pee your pants.

Just don't laugh and sneeze at the same time, because then you're really at risk of the p-factor. You can always blame it on the pain meds though!

"C"
  • Yep, last week you gave your seat in the Recliner's Club to me. Well, I gratefully hand it back to you. :))(

Take care of yourself - as we all know, it'll get better, but acting like a normal person sure is fun while it lasts!

Cath
  • well its easy to over do it when your feeling so good,it just seems to sneak up on you so fast,i've done the same thing.when i'm not feeling great and i have to go to physio that day i always tell my therapist as soon as i go in and he either tells me not to do certain exercises or he changes it so that its easier for me to do.even with the pain from the accident all the doc. have told me not to miss a session of therapy and when those days are bad i just do what i can and if i feel the pain getting worse i stop.Well good luck to you and i hope the pain goes as quick as it came LOL ;)
  • I skipped PT last week but I can't do that again this week because I feel like I'm moving backwards instead of forward. I will definitely let the therapist know what I've done when I see them on Wednesday. But today the pain is getting better which is good news.
    C, Can we make the award retro active so that we could also include the rest of the group of people who have responded? I feel that they all deserve recognition too. :D
  • Aren't we all of us about "moving forward"?

You will remain seated as the award recipient, until such time as someone deems another member worthy. =))

"C"
  • I promise. I read posts on all of the forums all the time and someone WILL take my award away. :D
advertisement