Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

leg pain, now numbness

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
I have been battling this leg pain for so many months, and now I am having numbness in my feet. I am getting so discouraged. I have had tests done, (MRI, Bone scan) and they can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I feel like a failure when each thing we try doesn't work. The MRI looks good, I have been told, the bone scan shows some fluid, but not remarkable, and they don't think it is a pinched nerve. We are going ahead with the facet injection, but there is a slim chance that will work. I know I sound negative, but I have been so positive we would figure this out, and nothing seems to help. My husband and I are putting off having another child until I have this leg situation under control, and I am just getting hopeless. I am looking for a new NS, and the good ones in town (who wants one with a so-so rep, right?) are booked two months out! The facet injection is on the 23rd, so that's a couple weeks more of pain and numbness, and I feel like I am just going through the motions, because I really don't believe that will help, and then on to the next thing, unless they give up and tell me it's in my head! Help!!! Sorry I'm rambling, this is just taking over my life. It's the first thing I think about in the morning, and the last thing at night, because it's always there...
Sorry everyone, for the whining, I have nowhere else to vent, no one I know understands.
Thank you,
Allison
~X( :''(
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry that I did not see your post sooner! Has anyone suggested a discogram yet? I went through just about the same as you until my doc did a discogram. He found an annular tare that did not show on the MRI. I also have facet arthritis but I had surgery for the annular tare and it has helped the sciatica. Don't give up. You just need to find the right doc with the right test. There is help out there for you. I am sorry that you are feeling so low and it took so long for a response. I know how important it is to get support when you are feeling down. Keep your chin up. Help will come for you it just may take time. Please keep us posted.
  • Does a discography show more than an MRI? My MRI showed I also had no rupture, but the leg pain is horrible. They say it's scare tissue, but not much shows up.

csp
  • Thanks so much for your responses! I was starting to think everyone hated me on here. I read alot of people's posts, but I can't post back as much as I want to because it seems that everytime I try, my 2 year old is literally climbing on the computer, so I give up half way through. I thought maybe people were thinking I wasn't giving others support. So thank you both so much! I talked with my GP, about this situation, and she told me to call back and tell them about the numbness, and try to get in sooner. She also wants to get me in ASAP to a NS. She is concerned about permanent nerve damage, and she feels out of her area of expertise. So she has been awesome. I told her what the doc had said about disk problems "You just grin and bear it, and swear alot" and she said that's when you get a 2nd opinion! So when I get in for the facet injection, I am going to ask about a discogram, but I am already sending my records to a great NS in town for review. He likes to look at the records ahead of time to see if he can help before I wait 2 months. So I am starting to have hope again. There are just ups and downs. I have been having numbness in the front part of my foot, toes and back, but last night in bed, the pins and needles started, and that is the worst feeling! I was constantly moving to try to alleviate it. I felt like I was somehow pressing on that nerve or something.
    Thank you guys so much again,
    Alli >:D< >:D<