Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need surgery not settlement

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Health Insurance Issues
i was injured in april 2006 and have been trying for the last year to get approved for the charite disc replacement. i recieved a letter today saying that my comp carrier wants to settle. why in the world would they do this?
advertisement

Comments

• They just don't want to pay for the surgery and settling will be a whole lot cheaper for them. Once you settle, it's over. You can't pursue them for any future problems.
  • I was also offered a settlement of 41k, got a call from my lawyer the other day, and said that I needed to decide.

I told him no. I am in pain everyday, I am only 29, and I want to work again!!!! The IC does not want to pay me at all. They so far have only paid me once, a lump sum due to the wc board deciding in my favor.

I get appeals after appeals from this IC. I am sure that they are very mad right now that I turned them down. I was going to settle with them at first, did tell my lawyer okay. I then told him after talking to my doctor and thinking long and hard, I am in pain, and money will never fix it!!!!!!!

Right now, I am being told that I pulled myself from the jobmarket, and I don't want to work. They are horrible!!!!! I wish that I could be done with them, but if I do, I will never get help again for my back....

BTW- I got hurt 10/4/06.
  • I totally agree with you. As hard as it may be please stay strong. Once you ever accept a settlement from them then there will never be an insurance policy that will cover anything that pertains to your back. Only consider a settlement if they are able to "fix" your back. Or it would have to be a fairly hefty offer in order to cover any issues that you may have in the future. You are much too young to take the risk.