Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

possible bad news

mikeavmmikeav Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
well,the results of my emg nerve test were sent to my surgeon and heres the deal..
the nerve damage that had weakened my left side is permanent...which i suspected..but worse,they say there seems to be evidence of new pinching..so im getting another mri....
this sucks..its been over a year and i expected so much more...altho i have been feeling twinges back there on the opposite side i had them last year..altho my doctors ignored this on every visit..its feeling worse lately..
god,i do not wanna get cut again...
advertisement

Comments

• Sometimes I don't think the Drs are listening very well,then I remind myself that they are people too and I know so many people that are just not good listeners.

I went in to see my PCP again yesterday.This was twice in just a few weeks as she called me back in for other issues,and I told her several times something that was on my mind.She FINALLY asked me about symptoms and ordered a test.

Now you have been ignored about this for all this time and now you have permanent damage.Is this from your symptoms going untreated,the ones you had told them about and were ignored?I hope not,but if so I would not simply let this go ignored as they have.I'm not one to be vengeful,but if they have ignored you and it lead to permanent damage this is wrong of your Dr.,and there is no excuse for not listening to a patient.

I'm really sorry for your pain and suffering.
  • My EMG also finally proved once and for all that I have permanent S1 nerve damage. Nothing else surgically can be done for me.

I hope your MRI is clear and shows them what else is wrong. I'm sorry you have to face this right now, but in a way, you finally know some of the news, and that helps us move forward, even if it is not what we were hoping.

( ( HUGS) )

Cheri