Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Travel restrictions?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I will be having my ALIF&PLIF one of the last two Mondays of March. We have a wedding in Florida on June 20th, anybody know what the travel restrictions are? :? I am hoping to recover quickly and be able to go, but wanted to hear what others had experienced in about that same time frame. Thanks! :B
advertisement

Comments

• Ask your doctor. You will be 3 months out from surgery. It may depend on how you are fusing but your doctor can best answer that one. It may also be a matter of how uncomfortable you are......Paul
  • involve? Flying? driving? are you able to take short stretches and stops?

• We would be flying and then driving from Tampa to New Port Richy about an hour and a half away. My doctor, the same as Pika's doctor, is very optimistic about recovery. I am sure he will tell me it will be okay, he even told me I could possibly be back to work 9 weeks. I have alot of faith in this doctor, but also would like to know what other people have experienced or been told.
  • you should look forward to your wedding.
    If I have understood you correctly, you are journeying for 90 minutes. You will know nearer the time but assuming an uncomplicated revcovery, at 12 weeks you should be good for the journey, albeit in 2 or 3 short bursts with stops and leg strtches planned.

The journey will take you longer, obvoiusly, because of the stoppages. Almake sure you get lots of pain killers ready, just in case you have a flare and finally, not sure if you plan an overnight, but if it were me, 90 minutes travel in one day would be plenty at 12 weeks post fusion.

I hope that helps.
    In fact, I hope your experience is better than that!! >:D<
advertisement