Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

last chance saloon for meds

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks

ok seen doc today to tell him the patches he gave me last week arnt doing anything for pain. so he put me on LYRICA PREGABALIN but said if these dont work there is.nt any thing else he can give me as iv tried everything going. he said would have to go down a diffrent root pain manigment. can eny 1 tell me what that involves. and as eny 1 else tried this drug. thanks
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry you're having ongoing pain. You just started the Fentanyl patches last week and said it's not working. You have to give it time. When I started on them it took me about 2.5 weeks for me to get the full benefit. It has to build up in your system and that is what I was told by a pharmacist. Of course I needed to use Norco for breakthru pain while I waited. Lyrica is a good medicine for nerve pain and it should help. You have to understand that it takes a combination of different medicines to deal with chronic pain and you can't rely on just the Fentanyl. It may also take throwing in a muscle relaxer, antidepressant, or anti inflammatory to get things under control. When dealing with chronic pain, you will find that there is no one magic bullet for it. I'm on Fentanyl patches, Norco, Cymbalta, a muscle relaxer and motrin for my chronic back pain and sciatica. I have had injections, PT, a microdiscectomy, and a 2 level fusion for the L4-S1 area. Even with all my meds, I still have pain and I realized that I won't be pain free.
    What is causing you pain and how long have you been like this?