Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Goose Bumps highly intensified

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
This is kinda strange but since I have gotten out of surgery three weeks ago goose bumps are intensified. Whether they are brought on ny a change in temperature or by a change in emotion. It is hard to explain but it is like I can feel them deeper in my body, and tighter on my skin. It is not necessarily a bad feeling.

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement

Comments

• I felt the same way. No matter how many covers or whatever, they stayed. Sometimes it seemed like they hurt. I even had that feeling on the back of my neck. Like the hairs standing up. It was like being terrified of something.
    I hated it.
    But they one day went away.
    Its wierd talking about these experiences now. I am 7 1/2 months out and all of those feelings and all the pain that I felt seem all like a bad dream now.
    I guess I am proof that it does get better.
    The pains that I get now are NOTHING compared to the first 4-6 weeks after the surgery.
    My surgeon said that once the fusion is complete that I will know what regular back pains are. I can't wait for that day so that I can tell people. " this is what you complain about! this is nothing! let me tell you about back pain..."

Anyway, enough babbling. The DR told me that it was normal. You are pretty close to the time when it went away for me. I think I was about 4-5 weeks post op.
  • I think it could be the temperature. I feel like I'll never be warm again . After surgery you're body is more sensitive and is already getting going through the shock of surgery. It's not surprising you're feeling the cold more intense. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Along with the nerve pain in my right lower back and buttock and the sleepy left foot and stingy big toe! :) They can all leave together.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I thought I knew cold before. Ha!

One Love,

Stephanie
  • That's actually how my whole neck issue started. Last March, I was noticing that my arms would tingle, I'd get those deep goosebums you mention, then my arms would get cold, then they would hurt. I told my hubby about it, but didn't go to my PCP because I didn't know how to explain it. I thought I might be imagining it. About a month or so later, the muscle spasms started in my back and the rest is history.

How odd.
  • Odd. I certainly hope that mine are not a harbinger of things to come! I thought it was pretty cool actually because the feeling is well, sensational (pun intended). :P

One Love,

Stephanie
  • As this has started post op, I am assuming that it may have a lot to do with the anesthetic. Our bodies go through so much during these ops and I know for me my hormones were way out and took months to calm down.
    The anesthetic really messes with out bodies so hopefully as dcarter said it will soon dissapear.
    Blessings Sara O:)
  • Weird, don't know why, probably coincidence, but I get goosebumps for no apparent reason on the leg with the worse nerve damage. I know that when the goosebumps start, my nerve pain will flare up. I know it sounds nuts, but it still happens 18 months after fusion surgery. Doesn't always precede my nerve pain flare up but if the goosebumps happen, you can bet it's going to be a bad night.
  • I have the same thing, I feel like if goosebumps were a sport right now I could eat up my competition. Like you it comes with temperature, emotions and sometimes no reason at all. But then again you said you had alot of the same feelings of dizziness and what not in the post i have "what the !!!" I wonder what it is that causes it. Is it really anesthesia and just the body responding to it still. I have no recollection of having this trouble after knee surgery and I was under anesthesia the same amount of time.. How wierd. Although not painful, I hope its another strange side effect that works itself out. Has yours gotten better since you posted this?
    Im three weeks out right now
    Erica
  • They are not quite as strong as before, but still noticably different that before surgery.

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement