Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

discc bulge and listhesis

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
i am a physical therapist and began having severe R UE (arm) pain thanksgiving night..mri says i have 2 bulges and listhesis...overall i am improved after a block but i can't sit or drive or use my R arm and i certainly can't work..can anyone give me some encouraging stories about success with laminectomies, blocks, return to work etc...if you do please share...jb
advertisement

Comments

• 10 years ago I had a very sucsessful cervical spine operation and went back doing everything I have always loved to do, except horseback riding. This year I again had severe left arm pain-now a disk has herniated and more bone spurs has grown, but I think my recent operation will be a success. I have friends with similar success stories. Most don't think to come on a board like this, so you may get the idea these types of surgeries often fail. But there are many sucessful outcomes.

Learn all you can about the problem so you know when you find the right doctor. Ask that many tests be preformed so you and the doctors know the full extent of the injury. Good luck and hope the pain abates soons. Mine did after a few weeks of steriods, pain meds and muscle relaxants and pain treatments.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,359
    <:P Right Upper Extremity pain? .... any radiculopathy? ... paraesthesia?

You are on a long road that has few turns.

Bulges? Did they call them herniations? pressure on the cord?

D
    Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• kbhjbh said:
    i am a physical therapist and began having severe R UE (arm) pain thanksgiving night..mri says i have 2 bulges and listhesis...overall i am improved after a block but i can't sit or drive or use my R arm and i certainly can't work..can anyone give me some encouraging stories about success with laminectomies, blocks, return to work etc...if you do please share...jb
    by the way yes i have paresthesia esp in my pinkie, frank weakness esp in triceps and grip.
  • I've had injections that have helped. I haven't had surgery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,359
    Not cool again ....

Sounds too familar :(

D
    Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• :jawdrop: i just wanted to play with the faces B) }:)
    i' m going to the neurosurgeon on monday to hear my options, my 1st block is wearing off as i write..jb
  • Have you tried cervical traction? That worked wonders for me, I haven't had the bulge pain since June, whereas prior to traction, I had the shoulder/arm and hand pain almost constantly for the last 3 years.
  • i have tried it in the past with great success..recently i have been so painful i havent been able to drive to the PT's clinic but my pain has improved and it might be time to revisit traction..thanks jb
advertisement