Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still pain with NEW nerve pain.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ok so they got me in shock therapy now...i can't remember what they really call it...but it still hurts like hell. I have nerve pain shooting down the back of my right arm and across the left shoulder blade and the front of the collar bone on the left. On the right hand it goes all the way down to the pinky and thumb. It feels like a rubber band getting stretched to its breaking point. I have no idea what is going on here, isn't surgery supposed to fix problems not cause more? they gave me until june and they said if by then I am still having the arms go numb and hurting that I can hang up guitar playing. I am trying to scramble and play as many minutes a day I can to try and stave it off but I know it is losing battle...I am not going to win this battle. I figure it is pretty much over and the 30 years i put into learning the damn instrument is gone. Yeah everyone has a love ONCE in their life mine was music. Funny how the docs and friends tell you how to fix this and that with this and that but when the depression sits in and they give you the crappy news that made you depressed in the first place they all dissapear and you are left to deal with it alone. tins units, shock therapy, pill after pill after pill, patch after patch after patch, the insurance breathing down your neck trying to get you to say something to screw yourself over, the bills, the pain...OH MAN THE PAIN. the loss of the one thing in your life that made you happy. I have had relationships, some good, some bad...like everyone but music...music was all mine...me and her spent countless hours pouring over problems and coming up with answers and writing about lost love and helping people, hurting people, bitching about politics, raving about everything else under the sun, riffs, grooves, speed, dexterity, technique, scales, notes, chords, modes and still there was no end to her voice I could never find an end until now and the guitars are silent for once in my life and I know they will never see the light of day again. Hell I can't even type this my hands are so numb have to keep correcting. Well doc where is the magic pill or patch for this? No one got me prepared for this...no one. I wasn't a great musician but damnit I was good and that is the FIRST time in my life I have ever uttered those words. I guess now I sit on the porch in my rocking chair and try to get people to believe I was actually kind of somebody once. Oh and I can not go back to my job either so now I have to start looking for new work. I can't studio engineer anymore and I can't play so what the hell am i gonna do? Got a pill for that? Let's put more bolts, pins and screws in to fix it.

Whew! I don't feel better btu atleast I can quit typing now.
advertisement

Comments

• :jawdrop: Why didn't you tell me? 8}
  • I'm sorry if you're not able to play guitar anymore. That's a talent to be able to make music. That is truly a gift. I hope you're recording what any new music you can while you're still able to play a little. I hope it helped by venting. Did you recently have surgery. Perhaps the numbness is temporary? Are you taking neurontin for the numbness or Lyrica. Would you be able to get injections from pm Dr. to help? Are you applying for disability? I hope you feel better. We're here to support you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I never noticed.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • your parting is just to far back :))( :))( :))( =)) =)) :D

Angie =)) :D :))( 8} :H
  • Hiya, firstly i have to ask what is pinky and thumb? :B I am so sorry that you had to give up your music >:D< , but dont see it a an end :) , see it as the beginning of something new ;) . Maybe you could write lyrics and sell them to other bands or coach people who want to play the guitar :? , just some ideas turn negative thoughts into positive ones :? . Have you recently had surgery? :/ because say if you have a disc removed or bone operated on, this will help the bone problem but the nerve problem will still remain :B , unless its surgery to free the nerve :B . Post back :) , and PM me anytime you want to vent :D O:) .

Angie >:D< :H
advertisement